No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Adviser Prefers Cotto Next, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
    If Cotto wins against Clottey, I think Arum plans to announce Pac vs. Cotto a day before the PBF-JMM fight. So the winner of the latter will have to wait next year. Serves them right.
    Yes, serves them right being at the very top of the p4p list and you are congratulating his promoters plans to prolong fights with both of them. this is ****ing ******ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
      Come on man, how can you call me a hater because everything I'm
      saying is what it is? I aint making this **** up. People bash Floyd
      for coming back and fighting a dangerous tune up like JMM
      AFTER 2 YEARS!!!! But give Cotto credit coming back after 7 months
      to fight Michael Jennings for a vacant Strap that Paul Williams left
      because he couldn't get a fight at 147? Cotto could have fought
      Williams coming back, wasn't like Cotto was out of the ring for
      2 YEARS!!!!! like Floyd Mayweather Jr. Plus a fight with JMM is
      more impressive to me than a fight with Michael Jennings.
      I think I'd be more inclined to take a tough fight after a long layoff than after a potential career changing beatdown. You're being biased.

Neither should have been given **** for their tuneups....that's what I was saying. You're not saying **** like it is. To expect Cotto to fight Williams after the beatdown he took is just simply ridiculous. There is no counter argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorruel View Post
        De La Hoya took Hernandez's 0 not Floyd. The first fight with JLC was a robbery and you know it. Although give Floyd credit for not only taking a rematch, but winning it in clear fashion. Gatti was finished and Oscar was a close fight, Floyd won however somewhat clearly.
        Just because JLC made the fight close doesnt mean he won...

Comment

• Weird to hear a member of a fighters' entourage saying his fighter would have a good chance of losing to an opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
            I think I'd be more inclined to take a tough fight after a long layoff than after a potential career changing beatdown. You're being biased.

Neither should have been given **** for their tuneups....that's what I was saying. You're not saying **** like it is. To expect Cotto to fight Williams after the beatdown he took is just simply ridiculous. There is no counter argument.
            Your correct no counter argument. Fighting JMM after 2 year lay off is much harder than fighting a tomatoe can like Michael Jennings for a VACANT belt. I understand Cotto's strategy why fight the champions when you can wait them out..

Comment

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post
              Weird to hear a member of a fighters' entourage saying his fighter would have a good chance of losing to an opponent.
              Even they know Floyd would tax that ass my old friend.

Comment

• Correction

Originally posted by Dorruel View Post
                De La Hoya took Hernandez's 0 not Floyd. The first fight with JLC was a robbery and you know it. Although give Floyd credit for not only taking a rematch, but winning it in clear fashion. Gatti was finished and Oscar was a close fight, Floyd won however somewhat clearly.
                In 1998, Mayweather won his first world title, the WBC junior lightweight (130 lb) championship, when the corner of Genaro Hernandez stopped the fight after round 8. Hernandez had never been defeated at the weight class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbmunro View Post
                  i dont think many peolpe would pick to see cotto vs pac, over mayweather vs pac!

is there a hint of "ducking" by pac-man???
                  dont worry as soon as cotto beat clottey he will jump to atleast 6 p4p or maybe 5

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    For ANYONE that agreed with this article ask yourself this question. Are you really a fan of a fighter if you don't want him to fight the best? Is that what a fan does? You should be PISSED OFF that they don't want none of Floyd, it's the best against the best, period.
                    Just because Cotto lost to a cheater doesn't make him any less of a fighter or a "best" in the Welterweight division. Just look at his resume and watch his fights.. yeah he's been staggered in a hand full of them but you know what he still fights anyone they put in front of him... ANYONE. You wish Mayweather had half the guts Cotto has as a fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                      dont worry as soon as cotto beat clottey he will jump to atleast 6 p4p or maybe 5
                      That doesn't make him better than Floyd. All these people talking about Floyd ducking this and Floyd ducking that are CHAMPIONING this decision to DUCK him. **** OUTTA HERE.

Comment

Working...
                      X