No announcement yet.

Cotto should not accept roach's proposal for a fight @ 142

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
    will floyd go down to 140? i think he's gonna want it to be no less than 145
    Pac at 145 is more competitive than Cotto at 142. Cotto would need to cut 20+lbs from his walking around weight in order to weigh that.

Comment

Originally posted by koboy View Post
      That's a choice a fighter should make and it shouldn't be forced. It's really up to Manny to show up at 142 or 147 on weigh-in and not to have Miguel come down. The WW title is at 147, if you come in at 142, that's the risk you take.
      what are you babbling about?

a catchweight is an agreement between two camps.

if they decide 145. then it's at 145.

the orgs only care that it's 147 or under. they don't care how much.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        I don't even see why Cotto is entertaining the thought of fighting Manny, other than for the money, obviously.

Does he forget how he was killing himself to make 140, and how it effected his chin, stamina, and power?

If he shed the extra weight down to 142, it wouldn't be illogical to expect similar results.

He is entertaining the idea of fighting manny because it will increase his marketability win, lose, or draw. It will create a new household name. Fighting Floyd does nothing but oscar vs pbf another boring fight that is going to push away fans.

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
          thanks man!!

i know it will be a good fight.. but come on.. to think that .. 142 its gonna be a fair weight for cotto because "he take care of himself now"

you know thats not being fair at all...

and see.. im not dissin.. roach for wanting the fight @ this weight.. i just hope that miguel is like you say .. not that desparate for fame... and greedy that can affect his judgment on this one.
          Some people are saying Pac isn't a natural 140-pounder and too small to give Cotto problems... just like the pro-Diaz, pro-DLH and pro-Hatton arguments pre fight...right? Here they go again underestimating Pac. I mean what has the man got to do to impress these peeps? It's unbelievable. They make Pac sound like a pipsqueak.

He already demonstrated what he can do against 140's best yet we still hear that nagging doubt about how strong he is... and he's improving and he can bang. Pac's no pushover even at 147 I honestly believe, but at 140 these welters will be weakened and will be training to make weight more than to box.

Comment

Originally posted by OASIS_LAD View Post
            143 is only 4 lbs.

all he needs to do is take it off correctly and properly.

weight drain excuse is so overrated ever since the pac-delahoya fight.

when miguel had problems making 140 he wasn't taking care of himself in between fights. he does now.

he'll be in tip top shape after the clottey fight. all he has to do is not put on so much weight in between that fight and the possible pac fight.
            "only 4 pounds" is understating how strenuous it is to take even more weight off.

Comment

for real?

i read an article where he said he hired nutritionists and he takes better care of himself and stuff. not true?
              yeah man...

he hire a nutrisionist, but he still keeps doing the same **** .. so.. trust me..

going lower than 144 its a like asking him to go back to 140.. hes gonna have the same hard time to do it...

remember the corley fight? the torres fight.. cotto was walkign dead. .and that was how long ago?? 2 - 3 years ?/ it will be the dumbestt move for a fighter that is still in his prime. .and doesnt need to risk his future for 6 or 7 millions which he can still make in the future with out taking that hit ( a loss to manny pac)

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                His only Welterweight fight... that he weighed in at 142 for.

Yeah, sure he already fought at 147.
                That's the choice Manny and his team made for the weigh in but they agreed to a fight at 147. He did and he was amazing. I don't care what ODLH's condition was, Manny looked incredible at that weight. He was fast, furious and powerful. The Cotto fight for me at 147 is a pick 'em fight and I will probably be going for Manny closer to the fight.

Comment

what are you babbling about?

a catchweight is an agreement between two camps.

if they decide 145. then it's at 145.

the orgs only care that it's 147 or under. they don't care how much.
                  That's what the thread is about. Cotto should not accept Roach's proposal to fight @ 142. No agreement has been made yet and that's what we are discussing.

Babbling fool!

Comment

Originally posted by ZINZANG View Post
                    He is entertaining the idea of fighting manny because it will increase his marketability win, lose, or draw. It will create a new household name. Fighting Floyd does nothing but oscar vs pbf another boring fight that is going to push away fans.
                    totally disagree....

if cotto looses to many his stock will go down... no matter how he looks in a fight with pac.

Comment

Ill say 147 or no fight, they have the same atributes, reach=height are almost the same. i bet this is all "roach", pac already fought at 147 so why not do it again???? ( :****you:Roach)

Comment

Working...
                      X