No announcement yet.

Cotto should not accept roach's proposal for a fight @ 142

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luis12 View Post
    why not? why floyd deserve a shot to fight pac? he's not a champ and hasn't proved that his a top fighter.

btw pac by ko if he fight mayweather. besides, i want cotto to take that 0
    There's more of a demand and hype for Pac/Floyd. Former pfp#1 vs Current pfp#1. Not to mention, Pac/Floyd will be more evenly matched in terms of weight.

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
      There's more of a demand and hype for Pac/Floyd. Former pfp#1 vs Current pfp#1. Not to mention, Pac/Floyd will be more evenly matched in terms of weight.
      will floyd go down to 140? i think he's gonna want it to be no less than 145

Comment

Originally posted by OASIS_LAD View Post
        what? it's true he wasn't taking care of himself in between fights before. i heard he changed that though.

it's not gonna be 142. it'll be 144 or 145. 143 at the lowest.
        things havnt change around here

same lifestyle...

but no problems amking the 147...which is his comfortable weight

Comment

Originally posted by koboy View Post
          Just what Arum wanted to hear. You sound like a promoter there for a second.

If Manny can't fight Cotto at 147 or Cotto can't fight at 140, then the fight shouldn't happen. There's nothing wrong with Manny staying at 140, I don't think he has anything else to prove. But to give another fighter an advantage, especially a weight advantage is unfair. We already know Pac can fight with a fighting weight, not weigh-in weight of 147, but I think it would be too much of a drain for Cotto to make 142.

What's wrong with Manny moving up to 147, that's traditionally how it's done if you want to take someone's belt away. I think he has a great chance.
          it's how it works. the guy who is a bigger name gets to get concessions.

it's worth it imo for cotto.

the money will be more than 2-3 fights with other people.

i just find it funny how people think it's so unfair for cotto to go down in weight a few pounds when manny has to come up in weight so much. it's not like manny is even a natural 140 guy.

Comment

Manny already fought at 147, why shouldn't he fight Cotto at 147? It doesn't make sense and it's a big cop-out.

I don't think Manny will be happy with this because I don't think he cares what weight it is, but Roach and Arum will probably push for 142-144.
            1. Oscar hadn't made 147 for several years. Freddy knew/suspected Oscar would come in drained.

2. Oscar barely re-hydrated up to where people were expecting him to. Instead of rehydrating 8-12 pounds, he only rehydrated a few.

3. Oscar was inactive, and not a top welterweight at the time.

-o-

Cotto makes 147 consistently, Cotto wouldn't come in drained.

Cotto WILL rehydrate up to 156-158.

Cotto is active AND a top welterweight.

It would be bold of Freddie to throw his fighter into the 147 pound division against top dogs.

Would anyone honestly bet against Mosley if he fought Manny? Cotto is capable of losing, but if the fight is at 147...there's a chance he MIGHT lose, but I'd be willing to bet that Cotto takes it. Manny is a phenomenon, but let's not get carried away.

Comment

Manny already fought at 147, why shouldn't he fight Cotto at 147? It doesn't make sense and it's a big cop-out.
              His only Welterweight fight... that he weighed in at 142 for.

Yeah, sure he already fought at 147.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
                things havnt change around here

same lifestyle...
                for real?

i read an article where he said he hired nutritionists and he takes better care of himself and stuff. not true?

Comment

Originally posted by OASIS_LAD View Post
                  a catchweight can still be for a title.

141-147 is WELTERWEIGHT.
                  That's a choice a fighter should make and it shouldn't be forced. It's really up to Manny to show up at 142 or 147 on weigh-in and not to have Miguel come down. The WW title is at 147, if you come in at 142, that's the risk you take.

Comment

rehydration stipulations ............anyone?.......not being able to rehydrate over 156...................sounds fair to both sides?

Comment

144 or no fight.

manny is his biggest option but not the only one.... a loose agaisnt manny will be a big hit to cotto stocks.. thats why team cotto should play it safe here.. cos they have like 3 more years in the game...

asking for less than 144 should be a deal breaker....

that will be my advise to cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X