Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Bunce laughs at Dawson on his show.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
    You're wrong. Steve Bunce has an insane amount of boxing knowledge. End of.
    Bunce has a good knowledge of boxing and of the business but he gets too carried away with some things such as turning everything into something about Joe Calzaghe all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
      What's he achieved? I watched him against Johnson and he didn't rip up any tree trunks.
      The Johnson fight is an example of Johnson on an off night. He didn't put punches together well and let Johnson dictate the pace for much of the fight. That being said, he still won the majority of the rounds, and deserved the win.

Watch the Tarver fight if you want to know why Dawson is highly regarded. He throws combinations you never see. Jab, hook to the body, straight right, back to the body, left hook, right cross, all in a matter of a couple of seconds. He's one of the best combination boxers in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by DeafCon View Post
        Nobody wants to see Tarver in CT.
        Two of Tarver's last 3 or 4 I believe were in CT.

And they're not coming to see Tarver anyway, Chad is from New Haven, he's the attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
          You're wrong. Steve Bunce has an insane amount of boxing knowledge. End of.
          .......<-----This is where the end of Bunces boxing knowledge lies

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
            The Johnson fight is an example of Johnson on an off night. He didn't put punches together well and let Johnson dictate the pace for much of the fight.
            That might be the case. But then it might also be the case that he's not up to competing against the higher quality opponents.

That being said, he still won the majority of the rounds, and deserved the win.
            I thought he was lucky to escape without a draw. But a result is a result I suppose.

Comment

If he did,he should know better.Buncey is always championing smaller shows and saying that hype doesnt matter,so its poor form if he has said this.Whilst Tarver is a dick and this is a bit pointless,it isnt Dawsons fault and Dawson is a fighter that deserves respect imo.

Comment

Kellerman embarrassed Calzaghe after his last fight by asking him if he needs to fight Dawson. Well if he can't sell 2000 seats in a huge city like Detroit, when Froch can do 10,000 in a small city like Nottingham easy, then Buncey is right.

Boxing is a business. Yeah I want to see Calzaghe vs Dawson, but if it doesn't make financial sense, then it's not going to happen.

Comment

Bunce has been in and around the industry for a long time, he knows his **** for sure.

But he is employed by Setanta for his personality... He's a bit of a loud mouth, a bit of an eccentric, and, most importantly, he is a one man hype machine

I wouldn't get too upset by anything he says on air, he's just saying what people want to hear

Comment

Working...
                  X