No announcement yet.

If Mayweather KO's or destroys Marquez at 144

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    Doesn't make sense that Mayweather comes in the same weight no matter what weight class he is, he usually comes in fight night around 147-148. He once again like he did with Hatton made the weight higher for his opponent just to gain that extra advantage. The only people he is fooling is his own fans, the rest of us aren't dumb and we know that Marquez is a little guy just like Mayweather said at his press conference.
    You know Castillo was a WW come fight-time against Floyd....

Pac was 147 against Diaz

Hatton was over 150 for Pac

Comment

Originally posted by dsyef View Post
      Juan Manuel Marquez is not Jose Luis Castillo. He's way better, but now he's older, slower, overweight and not well rested.
      Castillo was in his prime and HUGE on fight-night against Floyd.

Bigger, Stronger, better chin, more power, and still skilled. Castillo was tough.

You think JMM beats Castillo in his prime? I'm not so sure.

Listen to them talk about the size of Castillo at the beginning. Also watch the end {2:45 Time} and hear how hard Castillo was hitting Floyd.

Last edited by Benny Leonard; 05-07-2009, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
        Floyd from 130-140 back in the day would have beaten him anyway so it makes no difference. If anything, we are not sure how good this version is.
        Such a lame argument. Am I supposed to take your word for that or something? Do I required no evidence whatsoever(not that you can give much because it is pure conjecture)?

Comment

imho its a combination of the above choice and more...

but i dont think PBF can KO JMM or try to risk getting hurt...

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
            Weight is a huge issue, Marquez is jumping up almost 10 or more pounds plus fight night he will probably be either the smaller or heavier opponent depending on how well he puts on the weight. When weight doesn't matter to someone like Mayweather he can fight in any weight class between 140-147 because he comes in fight night about the same each time at around 147-148.
            It's a matter of how a person's frame/body can hold the weight. It's much easier for a fighter to move up in weight at those limits then in the higher weight classes. That being said, moving up is also 10x easier than moving down in weight.

While it's a jump for marquez, it's not like it's over 2 full divisions or something crazy.

Comment

Benny Leonard;5231772]Castillo was in his prime and HUGE on fight-night against Floyd.

Bigger, Stronger, better chin, more power, and still skilled. Castillo was tough.

all I'm saying is that if Castillo gave Mayweather trouble. Juan Manuel Marquez in his prime could've done the same or better. Jose L.Castillo had 4 loses by Tko before fighting Floyd. That has never happen to Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
                Such a lame argument. Am I supposed to take your word for that or something? Do I required no evidence whatsoever(not that you can give much because it is pure conjecture)?
                True, it's my opinion that Floyd would have beaten him back then. Floyd certainly fought better and was more offensive and seemed to enjoy himself in the ring as opposed to later on.

We'll see how they do now.

Comment

[QUOTE=dsyef;5231797]
                  Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                  Castillo was in his prime and HUGE on fight-night against Floyd.

all I'm saying is that if Castillo gave Mayweather trouble. Juan Manuel Marquez in his prime could've done the same or better. Jose L.Castillo had 4 loses by Tko before fighting Floyd. That has never happen to Marquez.
                  Castillo gave Floyd more trouble in the first fight because Floyd went into the fight injured. The second fight was tough as well but Floyd didn't have as much trouble. I think it was the size, strength, chin, aggression and power that Castillo displayed that was troubling Floyd.

JMM is smaller, I don't think has the better chin, isn't as strong, but probably is more skilled....very smart fighter JMM is

Pac was KTFO twice...and?

I'm not sure why Castillo was knocked out...

We have this though: Time 1:28

And we saw him battle it out with Diego, a hard, aggressive fighter.

JMM is a problem...no question.
                  Last edited by Benny Leonard; 05-07-2009, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dsyef View Post
                    I love when people bring up fights they've never seen.

Oh ****, Castillo was losing fights at age 20 when he was fighting fairly solid opposition as a professional? Nevermind that 2 of them went on to become belt holders though. Castillo was a bum clearly.

Comment

Benny Leonard

Listen to them talk about the size of Castillo at the beginning. Also watch the end {2:45 Time} and hear how hard Castillo was hitting Floyd.

Dude Castillo had trouble making weight. He fought Mayweather being over wieight, but they decided to continue with the fight. Castillo did the same in the Corales fight, but against Floyd it affected him in the 2nd fight because he lost a step. He was in better condition in the first fight yet he still did pretty good in the second.

Comment

Working...
                      X