Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doesn't make sense to me. You acknowledge Floyd Mayweather as the best P4P YET! JMM..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't make sense to me. You acknowledge Floyd Mayweather as the best P4P YET! JMM..

ain't willing to prove he is the better fighter by taking the fight regardless of weight. Haye is a GREAT example. He is willin to face Wlad, even though he'll have to rematch him and face his brother. Seriously, why would anyone want to miss out on an opportunity like this.

JMM called him out! You want to jump at greatness, then how far is JMM willin to jump?

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
    ain't willing to prove he is the better fighter by taking the fight regardless of weight. Haye is a GREAT example. He is willin to face Wlad, even though he'll have to rematch him and face his brother. Seriously, why would anyone want to miss out on an opportunity like this.

JMM called him out! You want to jump at greatness, then how far is JMM willin to jump?
    JMM might've been talkin out his ass. But i don't see Floyd going even down to 143. I've always said if you're going to fight the best, fight them at their best as well. You can't just start picking catch weights just to give yourself an advantage especially in the case of Floyd where you'd want him at his best to get the true notoriety for beating him.

My thing is JMM hasn't proved he could perform over 135lbs. Pac has and is proving it again next month.

Comment

how about jmm fights pac/hatton winner and floyd can stay retired?

i'll go for that.

floyd wants to fight a 135 fighter then the least he can do is fight him at 140.

jmm doesn't need him anyway. jmm wants pac/hatton winner. more money.

Comment

i dont get how NON welters are able to get floyd's attention when he's retired

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          JMM might've been talkin out his ass. But i don't see Floyd going even down to 143. I've always said if you're going to fight the best, fight them at their best as well. You can't just start picking catch weights just to give yourself an advantage especially in the case of Floyd where you'd want him at his best to get the true notoriety for beating him.

My thing is JMM hasn't proved he could perform over 135lbs. Pac has and is proving it again next month.
          Gotta disagree on that. Pac hasn't proven himself over 130, infact...JMM has proven himself more over 130.

Comment

Marquez is already out of his natural weight and Mayweather wants him to pack on more lbs so that he will have an easier time with him. Mayweather should come down in weight to challenge JMM....who gives a piss bout Mayweather and his demands, he is still retired. He is the one after the big payday, JMM just wants to beat the best and he is the one still active and fighting. When you retire like a b*tch, then you get treated like one...TRUTH!!

Comment

Marquez did in fact call out Floyd. And he knows Floyd fights at 147. So, naturally when someone in a lower weight classes calls someone else out at a higher weight class, typically it's the smaller guys job to move up in weight since they are the ones that challenge them.

Hopefully they can at least agree on a catch weight because this would be a great fight and a perfect way to set up Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post

There's something inconsistent at play here.

Hatton should stay at 140, come in at 154, and fight smaller guys.

Gatti was at 140, weighing 155+...no complaints.

Pavlik should stay at 160, and have the size advantage.

Williams, who makes 147 comfortably, should move up.

Mayweather, who wants to fight guys his size, should not.
                Just an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                  i dont get how NON welters are able to get floyd's attention when he's retired
                  It is easy to call out smaller guys or go after them. I don't see Mayweather challenging the likes of Pavlik or B-HOP or Paul Williams because he is a punk. Be real about it, he is scared and wants to fight guys that will be slowed down by the extra weight and he wants to fight older guys as well. This is why he wants Marquez, sure I'll fight you- I'm younger, faster, and if you don't mind putting on an extra 10 lbs or so, then let's do this!...What a joke

Comment

B-Hop moved up to LHW to beat Tarver! Tarver is no where nearly as accomplished as Floyd Mayweather. You telling me, JMM can't do the same ESPECIALLY against Floyd Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                    X