Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a boxer take it to a Navy Seal in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the boxer and the navy seal dude.. I don't think navy seals unarmed training is trained that much, I think their focus is on weaponstraining and tactics.. So if you look at it that way.. While a navy seal trains weapon and tactic a boxer trains unarmed combat.. That's a lot more training for the boxer during the long stretch.. However Navy seals are known for being though and for their endurance.. Their combat is simple, brutal and effictive so the boxer would be in need of his constant rigid training plus lightning speed to be effective, It's hard to tell really..

I would probably put my money on the Navy seal even though.. But still If he fought a prime frazier or foreman he would have to be in his best IMO
    Last edited by Grand Champ; 04-06-2009, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by strugler View Post
      Yep it really depends what type of boxer we are talking about here......if its the Elites im def. going with the boxer given enough space to move around....

Seals arent really just about hand to hand combat too. its more of stealth, weaponry, survival, tactics etc........i just dont think an average seal beats an average boxer in the same weight division all the time.
      The thing with the actual fight itself is that it's not going to be a stand up fight the entire time. Matter of fact, I've NEVER seen a street fight (and I've seen plenty in my lifetime) that hasn't gone to the ground eventually. The way a Boxer blocks or dodges a punch may not be how a Navy Seal may block or dodge and being that the Navy Seal is trained in grappling, I don't see how a boxer is going to know how to sprawl and defend a take down.

That's pretty much my point. In a Boxing ring, obviously a Boxer will win. In a real life fight, A Boxer has two tools to use, his hands. A Navy Seal has a lot more options than an average or even above average Boxer who won't know how to deal with that type of attack.

Im not trying to **** on Boxing whatsoever, but Boxers are trained to fight professionally. Seals are literally trained to kill.
      Last edited by RL_GMA; 04-06-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

my dad could beat your dad in a fight

Comment

Originally posted by mines a pasty View Post
          this is quite simply the worst thread i have ever seen on this forum, and that's saying something.
          says mr 136 posts. lol.

Comment

I genuinely thought that men posted on here, not children. Seriously, what is the average age? it can’t be more than about 17 tops. The young chap who started this thread is terribly aggressive and shows all the classic signs of a rebellious teenager. I’m glad those days are far, far behind me !

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
              The thing with the actual fight itself is that it's not going to be a stand up fight the entire time. Matter of fact, I've NEVER seen a street fight (and I've seen plenty in my lifetime) that hasn't gone to the ground eventually. The way a Boxer blocks or dodges a punch may not be how a Navy Seal may block or dodge and being that the Navy Seal is trained in grappling, I don't see how a boxer is going to know how to sprawl and defend a take down.

That's pretty much my point. In a Boxing ring, obviously a Boxer will win. In a real life fight, A Boxer has two tools to use, his hands. A Navy Seal has a lot more options than an average or even above average Boxer who won't know how to deal with that type of attack.

Im not trying to **** on Boxing whatsoever, but Boxers are trained to fight professionally. Seals are literally trained to kill.
              this is a really good point. but let me tell you, if a boxer and navy seal stay standing, the boxer has more chances because his punches are deadlier. but navy seals are trained in Krav Maga ( Israely commando hand to hand intense fighting ) and it would be very easy for them to take down in a grapple, slam or other ways, and as soon as they go into the ground the seal could easily arm bar/triangle choke a boxer. but a US army ranger could very easily beat a boxer, those guys are really good at hand to hand fighting.

Comment

Go team america yeahhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post

Whose talking about killing?..LOL....its a street fight yes its gonna be violent but its not about whose a better killing machine....... like i said i think you underestimate boxers with good footwork i dont think it'll be easy to pin him down....but yes if they do end up in the ground the boxers gonna end up severely beaten with several bones broken.

Comment

Originally posted by strugler View Post
                    Depends.............If its a Margarito slow type of boxer he could, If hes a JMM type Navy seals cant.

Margarito is only slow compared to other world class boxers. Margarito's fist are not going to be slow for someone who has no or limited boxing experience. You dont really expect someone who has had tough though unrelated Seal training to look like Mosley in there slipping punches against Margarito do you?

Comment

Boxers train to "kill" under boxing rules. SEALS train to kill under no rules.

Comment

Working...
                      X