Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume at 175. RJJ or Michalczewski?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RJJ's resume is way better that DM's

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Alcoholism, personal issues, etc. Graciano also backed out of a proposed Jones fight as well and ended up being replaced by David Telesco. I was absolutely disgusted that Dariusz actually lured him out of retirement after all that and fought him coming off a two-year layoff.
      Thank you.

A little twist is that DM was to have come out of retirement to face Sven Ottke last year. Both, especially DM, is having gigantic financial troubles. Sad really. A lot of the germans are having trouble financially when their careers are over. But Henry Maske is doing great.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Are you sure?
        ** At 175, DM is superior by record. He was the first to lift the titles off of Hill and fought a lot of the same guys Roy did with at least as good of success as Roy.

I like to point to the Harmon/Hall/Griffin fights when both were considered still at peak. DM whacks out Harmon a little earlier than Roy did, and got to Hall twice around the same time as Roy, and got to Griffin a little later, but never dropping a bout to Montell, an indication of the approximate danger each represented to the other.

DM padded record with early WBO title matches, but he's also got some bigger names aside from the overlap like getting to Hill 1st coming off his Maske win and a Thradzi coming off wins over Toney and Scully.

I meant to also include Rocchigiana. He wasn't the fighter he was, but he's a name in the books.

DM was considered the "lineal" champ, whatever that means and traveled to Roy's hometown to drum up the match, but Roy and HBO pretty much ignored him. Odd since he was simultaneously coming up on tying Rocky's 49-0 record and Joe's 25-0 title defense record, both numerically superior to Roy's LH record at the time.

Seeing as how the Germans could have easily have arranged the split loss to Gonzalez to be a split win if they were as dishonest as is claimed, Roy really did lose out on a huge opportunity because of his drunken ego that HBO enabled.

Of course the usual dummies are gonna interpret this as me claiming DM is the better fighter, but that's the price they pay for wearing Roy's used jock straps as nose masks. He was the better LH by record and after a period of he and Roy ignoring each other, DM made the moves to make the fight happen.
        Last edited by LondonRingRules; 02-24-2009, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post

Seeing as how the Germans could have easily have arranged the split loss to Gonzalez to be a split win if they were as dishonest as is claimed,
          IMO it's more Sauerland than Universum who does that ****

E:I voted About even

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Save for Hill, Michalchewski fought a lot of Jones leftovers. Not a bad idea except he looked worse than Jones in each one - usually by a lot. I think Jones edges him but not by much.
            Edges him out??

You mean knocks him out.

Man you are totally underestimating RJJ.

Darius was just too conventional and SLOW to deal with Jones.

Comment

** At 175, DM is superior by record. He was the first to lift the titles off of Hill and fought a lot of the same guys Roy did with at least as good of success as Roy.

I like to point to the Harmon/Hall/Griffin fights when both were considered still at peak. DM whacks out Harmon a little earlier than Roy did, and got to Hall twice around the same time as Roy, and got to Griffin a little later, but never dropping a bout to Montell, an indication of the approximate danger each represented to the other.

DM padded record with early WBO title matches, but he's also got some bigger names aside from the overlap like getting to Hill 1st coming off his Maske win and a Thradzi coming off wins over Toney and Scully.

I meant to also include Rocchigiana. He wasn't the fighter he was, but he's a name in the books.

DM was considered the "lineal" champ, whatever that means and traveled to Roy's hometown to drum up the match, but Roy and HBO pretty much ignored him. Odd since he was simultaneously coming up on tying Rocky's 49-0 record and Joe's 25-0 title defense record, both numerically superior to Roy's LH record at the time.

Seeing as how the Germans could have easily have arranged the split loss to Gonzalez to be a split win if they were as dishonest as is claimed, Roy really did lose out on a huge opportunity because of his drunken ego that HBO enabled.

Of course the usual dummies are gonna interpret this as me claiming DM is the better fighter, but that's the price they pay for wearing Roy's used jock straps as nose masks. He was the better LH by record and after a period of he and Roy ignoring each other, DM made the moves to make the fight happen.
              Jones is better than anything to ever come out of mexico..or ever will.

Now crawl back under the gringos balls and finish your breakfast.

Comment

Derrick Harmon had plenty of success against Michalchewzski, a lot more than he did against Jones. Plus, the first Hall-Micalchewski fight was very close and the stoppage controversial - which was why there was a rematch. And the rematch was equally close. Jones toyed with Hall.

Results were not comparable at all. At all.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrode View Post
                  Edges him out??

You mean knocks him out.

I didn't mean head to head. Dariusz was underrated but let's be honest, anyone who's getting beaten to the punch (and beaten up) by Richard Hall ain't touching a prime Roy. Period.

Comment

Edges him out??

You mean knocks him out.

This thread is discussing each fighter's resume at 175. Not who is the better fighter P4P.

Jones is better than anything to ever come out of mexico..or ever will.

Now crawl back under the gringos balls and finish your breakfast.
                    DM isn't Mexican.

Comment

It's always nice reading your posts.

Interesting that DM tried to set up a fight by travelling to the US. Also your thoughts on the Gonzales defeat gives food for thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X