No announcement yet.

How is Calzaghe great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewcuff View Post
    No serious, objective boxing fan will try and convince you that Calzaghe has a better resume than Muhammad Ali. He has a good resume: some solid names, some very good names. It could have been better, but it certainly wasn't as if Joe was offered a handful of mega-fights which he turned down. On this forum his resume gets underrated more than overrated.
    The onion hates when it serves his purpose by making ridiculous and over the top statements,and then tries to reason when faced with his own failings...in short,he is a nobhead.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
      The onion hates when it serves his purpose by making ridiculous and over the top statements,and then tries to reason when faced with his own failings...in short,he is a nobhead.
      Yeah! I particularly liked his "I don't know what a "Hater" is. But i dno't hate Joe" comment.

Bull****!

Comment

Yeah! I particularly liked his "I don't know what a "Hater" is. But i dno't hate Joe" comment.

Bull****!
        I dont particularly like Hopkins,but I rate him as a fighter.Its always fun having a bit of banter,and everyone has fighters they support,but if you try and say anything against the lame and hate filled nonsense spouted by the likes of x-files,onion,dynamite kid and a few others you are instantly derided as a fanboy/nuthugger blah blah blah,and that is the biggest steaming pile of dog toffee on offer in these forums,although in fairness that isnt just limited to calzaghe,it can be any fighter you support that someone else doesnt.F.ucking pathetic.

Comment

I dont particularly like Hopkins,but I rate him as a fighter.Its always fun having a bit of banter,and everyone has fighters they support,but if you try and say anything against the lame and hate filled nonsense spouted by the likes of x-files,onion,dynamite kid and a few others you are instantly derided as a fanboy/nuthugger blah blah blah,and that is the biggest steaming pile of dog toffee on offer in these forums,although in fairness that isnt just limited to calzaghe,it can be any fighter you support that someone else doesnt.F.ucking pathetic.
          You can add bsrizpac to that list! LOL. I agree with you though: if you criticise/ come out in defence of a particular fighter, you are instantly labelled a hater/nuthugger. It's all a bit sad really. I only come on this forum because none of my mates are into boxing (my Dad likes it, but thats about it) and most of the people here are complete tools.

I didn't use to like Hopkins, but after watching his Beyond the Glory, I've come to really admire/respect the guy and he's great to watch in the ring due to his technicality.

Comment

You can add bsrizpac to that list! LOL. I agree with you though: if you criticise/ come out in defence of a particular fighter, you are instantly labelled a hater/nuthugger. It's all a bit sad really. I only come on this forum because none of my mates are into boxing (my Dad likes it, but thats about it) and most of the people here are complete tools.

I didn't use to like Hopkins, but after watching his Beyond the Glory, I've come to really admire/respect the guy and he's great to watch in the ring due to his technicality.
            I think pissbag has been banned again.havent seen him in a while.

Comment

I think pissbag has been banned again.havent seen him in a while.
              Hopefully, he is one angry dude!

He seems to have good knowledge of the sport, but he comes across so arrogant that I just ignore his posts.

Comment

Hopefully, he is one angry dude!

He seems to have good knowledge of the sport, but he comes across so arrogant that I just ignore his posts.
                I like to trade insults with him when i have had a few beers,he is a bell-end tho,Daggums hate was legendary,but for some reason I found him amusing at times.

Comment

I like to trade insults with him when i have had a few beers,he is a bell-end tho,Daggums hate was legendary,but for some reason I found him amusing at times.
                  Yeah Daggum was quite funny.

Another tool was The C.E.O. He just wound you up all the wrong ways. He was arrogant, ignorant and you couldn't even find his posts funny.

Glad he got banned.

His posts were easy to argue with, but damn he got under your skin!

Comment

Originally posted by Enemy/Friend View Post
                    Best Super Middleweight that ever lived. It is going to e a long time before someone tops him...........
                    This is true...

Comment

if the guy punched and fought some sort of credible opponent apart from hopkins then he might be considered great.

Comment

Working...
                      X