Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatness is defined by a fighter's victories and defeats; Calzaghe trumps Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This **** has been beaten to death..
    to be frank and without hurting anyones feelings i couldnt giv 2 fcuks
    about Joe Calzaghe or Roy jones...

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
      I scored the fight for B-Hop. Calzaghe wouldn't win a round against a prime RJJ...keep dreamin. Come talk to me when Calzaghe has beaten a prime fighter on the P4P list

I love the way people talk about "P4P" as if it actually means **** all.

Anyway, I was thinking about this the other day... I wonder how history will treat these guys? I mean, I'm talking like 30, 40, 50 years down the line.

As uncanny as this may seem, there are actually boxing fans who get their information only from boxrec - hard to believe, I know - and when it comes down to it, in 2060 when we're no longer here or pissing in our pants in an old folk's home, someone's gonna be boxrecing Joe Blow and all they'll see is "W Hopkins" and "W Roy".

Comment

I scored the fight for B-Hop. Calzaghe wouldn't win a round against a prime RJJ...keep dreamin. Come talk to me when Calzaghe has beaten a prime fighter on the P4P list
        calzaghe would have held his own against jones. to say he wouldn't win a round, is silly as hell. calzaghe is a solid fighter.

stop hatin on fighters with undefeated records, how about u go and fight roy jones right now. not in his prime but right now. no no wait, fight any of the "scrubs" calzaghe has fought. you'd get knocked the **** out and probably learn to appreciate good fighter the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          I love the way people talk about "P4P" as if it actually means **** all.

Anyway, I was thinking about this the other day... I wonder how history will treat these guys? I mean, I'm talking like 30, 40, 50 years down the line.

As uncanny as this may seem, there are actually boxing fans who get their information only from boxrec - hard to believe, I know - and when it comes down to it, in 2060 when we're no longer here or pissing in our pants in an old folk's home, someone's gonna be boxrecing Joe Blow and all they'll see is "W Hopkins" and "W Roy".
          eh... its been 30 years since Larry Holmes holds a victory over Ali, and we still know the deal with that...

Luckily those same boxrec idiots, aren't the ones who place fighters on the atg list...

Comment

Originally posted by heyhybrid View Post
            calzaghe would have held his own against jones. to say he wouldn't win a round, is silly as hell. calzaghe is a solid fighter.

stop hatin on fighters with undefeated records, how about u go and fight roy jones right now. not in his prime but right now. no no wait, fight any of the "scrubs" calzaghe has fought. you'd get knocked the **** out and probably learn to appreciate good fighter the hard way.
            Nobody said he wasn't a good fighter. Most normal, somewhat intelligent people give Calzaghe the respect he deserves for stepping in the ring. What were arguing is if he was a GREAT fighter or not, or no, not even great, ALL TIME GREAT. Personally, I don't think he is. These "scrubs" you talked about, while they could probably knock me (someone who doesn't box) out with relative ease, how would they have faired against a prime Roy or BHop?

Comment

I respect Joe C even tho I don't like him. But RJ overall I'd rank higher career wise.

Comment

Originally posted by The_One77 View Post
                Joe has never been defeated while Jones and Popkins have been beaten numerous times by lesser fighters.
                Its not only who you beat that defines greatness but also who have you lost too. Remember now, Joe is undefeated so there is always that question on who in history could of beaten him, perhaps he would've of beaten everyone in history? who knows
                All i know is that Roy Jones and Popkins are in the general consensus of being the 2 best fighters of our generation and Calzaghe destroyed them both.
                Thats saying alot and sends out a clear message to his haters; the man in his prime was unstoppable and nobody in history would of beaten him on his best night.

"He was just the better man tonight"
                Roy Jones

Joe Calzaghe 46-0-0

Ps: Duran has lost several times to bums so hes not even an ATG, someone like a Luis Callozo would of beaten his ass.
                wasn't that german dude an undefeated champ, mikelcheski or something. but we dont consider him a great. he fought old legends like what delahoya did to make his name. no way is he the best

Comment

The loss to a lesser fighter that was most embarassing ironically enough for both Bernard and Roy was their loss to Calzaghe.

People will ask , "How the hell did this guy beat Roy and Bernard?"

Then they'll look it up and realize Roy was 40 yrs. old and Bernard was 43 and then that'll explain it.

Comment

prime roy jones jr would beat a joe calzaghe roy's speed is too much for joe and his power too

Comment

Quote:
                      Ps: Duran has lost several times to bums so hes not even an ATG, someone like a Luis Callozo would of beaten his ass.

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      This is just stupid.....stop trolling.

Comment

Working...
                      X