Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antonio Margarito, Trainer Suspended Over Hand Wraps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• also, "We have seen many allegations in this sport and will form no conclusions until the wraps are tested," English wrote. "However, if they test positive for an illegal substance a logical question will be whether the illegal substance was used in other bouts, and we will ask the commissions of the other states where Margarito fought to make appropriate inquiries."

English asked the commission to forward any test results related to the case.

Margarito has twice knocked out Cintron in welterweight title fights when he was promoted by Main Events, the only two losses of his career. The most recent time came in April 2008 in Atlantic City, N.J., two bouts before Margarito faced Mosley.

Margarito retained a title via unanimous decision against Clottey in December 2006, also in Atlantic City. Clottey would go on to later win a world title.

looks like he will lose his in nj, and in new yok,

Comment

• Suspended before the investigation is over?

Translation...throw in some $$ and we'll let it slide

Comment

• whatever happens, his rep value will definitely be tarnished and thats a big deal for fighters.. in the long run.

too bad for marg, he should reconsider people around him and his business.

some boxing fans could shrug this off, but there are lots of casual fans who could be easily hyped or downplayed. marg was already stepping out to be world reknowned.

Comment

• well they obviously found something illegal. there is no question his gloves were packed. they will probably try to find out if margarito knew what was happening or if his trainer hid them from everyone. i believe the hearing in february will be part of trying to decide whether to ban or suspend him.

Comment

• It's not looking good for the Margo camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by deemo View Post
              if they do find plaster or a hardening agent on the wraps it should be in the contract for the cotto rematch that cotto gets to use the same and marg gets none. not saying for sure thats what happened but cotto sure was a mess at the end of that fight.
              I normally just come here to read and become enlightened, but this **** made me laugh out loud for real.

Comment

• ****m Richardson said that when he asked if he can feel Margarito's hand wraps, Margarito did not hesitate to let ****m do it, and Margarito didn't mind when they had to rewrap three times. I'm not saying Margarito shouldn't be suspended, well after all it's the CSAC's job. Margarito should've known better. But even if he himself noticed something unusual in his handwraps and his camp said ...no, no, it's ok... then I think Margarito would just believe his team. It's like when your trainor is giving you steroids and told you "this is just vitamins to prevent you from gassing-out".

Suspension for IGNORANCE? how ironic that both fighters Shane and Marg share the same misfortune.

Comment

• Margarito Is A Mexican Fraud

Originally posted by 817boy View Post
                  what if your wrong. will you man up and admit you were wrong or ***** out?
                  It really is entertaining to see how defensive you are over The Great Mexican Fraud, Antonio Margarito.

But you'll just have to get over yourself and except the fact that your boy was caught red handed. You don't get suspended at this stage if nothing is wrong. Trust me, your boy just may never box again and even if he does after the beat down that Mosley put on him he will never be the same again.

You can stick a fork in Margarito because he's done.

Antonio Margarito The Great Mexican Fraud!

Comment

• so Margarito cheated? plaster

so Mosley cheated? steroids

Comment

• Speaking of, what did happen with Mosley case?

Comment

Working...
                      X