Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao Defense Improved since the Marquez 2? Defense against Hatton Pressure?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the ref lets Hatton maul and wrestle, then its going to be a long night for pac

Comment

Originally posted by Fights View Post
      I understand you man.
      ok then...

who cares bout what defense pac showed in his last fight, when hatton is going to fight completely different than Marquez, Diaz, De La Hoya?

you wanna beat hatton? you better be a good inside fighter. That's where you need your defense. I am sure Manny is a fast learner, but nothing we have seen in his past fights tells us anything about how good or bad he is at doing that.

Maybe Manny can move and punch Hatton enough to keep him off himself (doubt it), but that is not defense. It's ring generalhip+clean hard punching...

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
        ok then...

who cares bout what defense pac showed in his last fight, when hatton is going to fight completely different than Marquez, Diaz, De La Hoya?

you wanna beat hatton? you better be a good inside fighter. That's where you need your defense. I am sure Manny is a fast learner, but nothing we have seen in his past fights tells us anything about how good or bad he is at doing that.

Maybe Manny can move and punch Hatton enough to keep him off himself (doubt it), but that is not defense. It's ring generalhip+clean hard punching...
        If Hatton enters the later rounds without a single frame in the bank, the time may come for him to start hitting low, tripping, elbowing, and butting his way to victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Fights View Post
          If Hatton enters the later rounds without a single frame in the bank, the time may come for him to start hitting low, tripping, elbowing, and butting his way to victory.
          He will do that very soon in the fight, but...

how is that related to my post?

Anyways...what you typed is completely unrelated to the improved defense manny showed, which is exactly my point.

Comment

wheres the pacquiaos gonna win option to click? wtfing f?

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Punch View Post
              Nobody not even Mayweather has ever put Hatton on the backfoot. Ricky has taken big hits and kept going from far bigger punchers then Manny, so I wouldnt count on Manny's power being a major issue. That's not to say he should just ignore it (Mayweather Snr will ensure he improves Ricky defence even further then it was againt Paulie) because there is a chance of a cut etc.

Can Pac fight on the backfoot? Frm the few times he's actually had to, the answer I believe is no.
              didnt he fight on the backfoot against delahoya, it was more lateral movement but that showed he he is an effective counterpuncher.

pac has the speed, reach ,straight punches and punch output to keep hatton of all night.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
                If the ref lets Hatton maul and wrestle, then its going to be a long night for pac
                Bayless might allow Ricky.

Comment

The Hatton fight proved that Pacquiao has certainly improved in all aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                    It's hard to say with his recent fights but his footwork has improved, the Hatton fight could tell us if his defense has improved, his defense wasn't that bad anyways against Marquez, Marquez was just a great counterpuncher and had great timing, he would always make Pacquiao look bad.
                    Pac counterpunched Hatton!

Comment

Working...
                    X