Pacquiao-Cotto, Forrest-Williams: Bouts We Need in 2009

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
    I totaly agree with you bro!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Word. Your Lampley quote says it all. Sure Cotto took a whoopin from Tony, but did people see his Tony's afterwards? What about Paulie, Abdullaev, Quintana, Zab, etc, etc? THIS is a real mismatch, not that Oscar-Pac bull**** that I always knew Pac would dominate.

Comment

It's hilarious that Pacquiao-Cotto is now being mentioned seriously, people must have a death wish for Pacquiao. He should never fight at 147 again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
        It's hilarious that Pacquiao-Cotto is now being mentioned seriously, people must have a death wish for Pacquiao. He should never fight at 147 again.
        We need Fedor vs Lesnar (after Fedor beats down Arlovski) to shut up the casual UFC fan.

Anyways, I'd like to see Williams vs Margarito. Did that Puerto Rican guy say Margarito vs Pavlik?? Margarito couldn't handle 154 and dropped down for a reason. Now he's going to go up to 160 and challenge the champ?? Arum would never put that fight on. Williams vs Arum fighters at 147 and 160 needs to happen. As does Hopkins vs RJJ 2, Calzaghe vs Dawson, and Kessler vs Glen Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
          People's judgement of Pacquiao's ability was clouded by the De La Hoya fight, if he were to fight Cotto I would bet the fight on Cotto. Cotto is strong ass hell, and he has some great ****ing skills. Margarito just matches up terrible for him, but I think he would do a number on Manny, but Manny shouldn't be expected to fight guys like him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by adrsan84 View Post
            People's judgement of Pacquiao's ability was clouded by the De La Hoya fight, if he were to fight Cotto I would bet the fight on Cotto. Cotto is strong ass hell, and he has some great ****ing skills. Margarito just matches up terrible for him, but I think he would do a number on Manny, but Manny shouldn't be expected to fight guys like him anyway.
            How do you think Williams would match up with Cotto, and if Cotto beat Margarito how important do you think that fight would be?

Comment

Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
              How do you think Williams would match up with Cotto, and if Cotto beat Margarito how important do you think that fight would be?
              I think Cotto would be a tougher fight for Williams than Margarito. We saw Quintana draw a blueprint on how to beat Paul and Cotto is more than capable of executing it, and he brings a lot more pop and in my opinion skills to the table.

I think Tony can beat Williams too, but that fight is 50/50, and if Williams can move and avoid engaging he can win it.

A fight with Cotto and Williams would be huge if Williams keeps winning, but unfortunately I don't think Cotto can hold his end of the bargain, I think Margarito has his number. But if Cotto loses again, maybe then Arum would be down to throw Cotto at Williams, who can use that to make his case.

Comment

Martinez vs. Williams

hellyeas

Comment

Awesome Williams will win ring title

Comment

i love it when guys say pac ain't gonna do this and that but ends up doing it anyways. ledbwaba, barrera, dlh to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by adrsan84 View Post
                      I think Cotto would be a tougher fight for Williams than Margarito. We saw Quintana draw a blueprint on how to beat Paul and Cotto is more than capable of executing it, and he brings a lot more pop and in my opinion skills to the table.

I think Tony can beat Williams too, but that fight is 50/50, and if Williams can move and avoid engaging he can win it.

A fight with Cotto and Williams would be huge if Williams keeps winning, but unfortunately I don't think Cotto can hold his end of the bargain, I think Margarito has his number. But if Cotto loses again, maybe then Arum would be down to throw Cotto at Williams, who can use that to make his case.
                      Good post. I think with Williams being as green as he is, I had a feeling it was a matter of time before he got a lesson put on him by somebody with experience. Margarito didn't have the technical skills, and I think a rematch would be even more one-sided for Williams, but Cotto poses some interesting challenges. Personally I feel Williams is just too damn big for Cotto, with too much reach. He is faster, has just as good a chin, and more versatile then Margarito, not to mention bigger and longer. I see Cotto having troubles with that. I just want the WW division to sort itself out. If Mosley beats Margarito (which I doubt) that would mess things up big time.

I think guys like Margarito and Cotto should not have been paired together already, and should've cleaned out the Mosleys, Bertos, Quintanas etc. first. Then put the winner of Cotto vs Margarito against Williams to unify. One thing is for sure, if Arum doesn't put either guy in with Paul, it will be a two-man show at WW for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X