Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screwing around with a healthy weight in your mid/late 30s does a number on the body?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *Hagler* View Post
    Hatton was at ringside i hope he takes note of this

I think it's too late for Hatton. Years of abuse have already shortened his career. He can't change, and wouldn't change now anyway.

One more big payday against Manny or Floyd, and he'll be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by insipiens View Post
      Shane Mosley being the exception to the rule
      He has a steroid history though.

Comment

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
        Discuss. Seems like every fighter that does it, has an ass whoopin comin'.
        I call bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Burnell View Post
          I call bull****.
          Well, state your case.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_ST24i View Post
            I think it's too late for Hatton. Years of abuse have already shortened his career. He can't change, and wouldn't change now anyway.

One more big payday against Manny or Floyd, and he'll be gone.
            its true Floyd Sr asked him to try stick to a decent weight level and yesterday you could see he has put a bit of weight back on. its himself he is doing

Comment

Serious question.WHy didn't Oscar come into the ring at around 158-160 ?
              Does anyone know? He seems to have nullified his main advantage....
              Could he have had physical problems(maybe kidneys) in making the weight and couldn't gain the extra stone,in the crucial 36 hours before the fight?
              Pacman could still have won handily,but seeing Oscar stop throwing punches in the last couple of rounds-that was new.

Comment

"We knew we had him after the first round," Pacquiao's trainer, Freddie Roach said. "He had no legs, he was hesitant and he was shot. He is a great fighter, I love him, but I hope this is last fight and that he will retire."

Comment

Well, state your case.
                  If we're talking about a guy who constantly fluxes his weight and taking fights, then I could see the point. You keep bouncing four to six weight classes, your pretty much tiring yourself out on a biological level.

DLH fights once or twice a year? So he doesn't really to need to worry about his weight until he's got a fight planned. Sure, there would be a bit of difficulty handling the weight, but that should happen early in training.

It has nothing to do with age. Just the ability for the body to adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Burnell View Post
                    If we're talking about a guy who constantly fluxes his weight and taking fights, then I could see the point. You keep bouncing four to six weight classes, your pretty much tiring yourself out on a biological level.

DLH fights once or twice a year? So he doesn't really to need to worry about his weight until he's got a fight planned. Sure, there would be a bit of difficulty handling the weight, but that should happen early in training.

It has nothing to do with age. Just the ability for the body to adapt.
                    Do you think DLH/Pac looks the same if the bout was at 154?

Comment

Discuss. Seems like every fighter that does it, has an ass whoopin comin'.

Good point.

Comment

Working...
                      X