Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screwing around with a healthy weight in your mid/late 30s does a number on the body?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Pacquiao can still make 135 without affecting himself too much.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
      guys do you think Manny would screw his weight if he fights back to 135??

imho he can only go to 140 and retain full power, he will be considerably weaker now at 135...
      He'd still be fine at 135, it's only one fight removed. Lower than that would be impossible now.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
        guys do you think Manny would screw his weight if he fights back to 135??

imho he can only go to 140 and retain full power, he will be considerably weaker now at 135...
        Manny at 135 would still be the same fighter he was before.
        He hasn't balooned up for this fight, he was at the same weight he always is, he just didn't have to cut so much weight.
        Manny was fighting at his walk around weight without cutting to much.
        For his fight against Diaz, he weighted at 135, by fight time he was 144,5. Just 4 pound lighter than he was for ODLH.
        So that tells me he didn't gained any extra weight, he just didn't have to cut.

Unlike Oscar, Roy Jones, Tarver... Who gained a lot of weight, and they are trying to cut it down.

Comment

thanks guys, it just seemed that Manny bulked up his muscles...

I am asking this question aside from the millions of dream fights that I could think of, I also want PAC to face JMM for a third time, for higher stakes.. i.e. P4P No. 1 and Undisputed LW Championship...

Comment

Manny would be ok back @ 135. He's only recently moved up from super-feather, and fought Diaz at lightweight. He didn't bulk up that much to fight Oscar, so i reckon he'll continue his career @ 135 - unless a deal can be struck with Hatton @140.

Comment

yeah, I thought Oscar looked/acted totally weight drained

Comment

Another thing.. 3 things tend to go. Punch resistance, agility, and fight output. It's very interesting.

Comment

Shane Mosley being the exception to the rule

Comment

I definitely agree. His body looked terriible.

He's an old, part-time fighter and you just can't do that. That, IMHO, contributed massively to his lethargy.

Comment

Hatton was at ringside i hope he takes note of this

Comment

Working...
                      X