Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much better is calzaaghe's resume than hatton's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a lot ricky just got lucky

Comment

Originally posted by sitai View Post
      lets match them up head to head

kessler - tszyu

lacy - malignaggi

roy jones - castillo

hopkins - floyd...

Tsyzu>Kessler

Although he was getting on, he was still the man at 140. Kessler was Calzaghe's best win but I think Hatton's performance against Tsyzu was a lot more entertaining and impressive.

Lacy>Malignaggi

This is pretty even. I actually think Malignaggi is a slightly better fighter but both of them are the same type of fighters for example they just fall short of beating the elite.

At the end of the day, Calzaghe's performance was just a lot more impressive. He massacred Lacy better than Hatton did Paulie.

Castillo>Roy Jones

Both past it fighters. The difference is Hatton destroyed Castillo in the 4th round with a crunching body shot in a fight to put himself on the map. Joe Calzaghe went 12 rounds with a WAY PAST IT Roy Jones who wasn't throwing any shots in a "career defining fight".

Hopkins>Floyd

Although Hopkins is the better win for Calzaghe (seeing as Hatton lost this fight), I think Hatton stepping up to fight the p4p best fighter on the planet gives him more respect from the boxing community.

I think Hatton's resume is A LOT better than Calzaghe's without question. I mean, Calzaghe never challenged for another belt for NINE YEARS!

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus Funk View Post
        You do know that Joe was supposed to fight Collins for the belt but he suddenly decided to retire 2 weeks before the fight, right?

Oh, and Eubank didn't look too shot in his CW fights with Thompson afterwards.
        so we're counting "supposed" fights as part of the resume now.

fine i'll count manny pacquiao for ricky. since he's suppose to fight manny but oscar might/could ruin it.

so he fights at cruiserweight after joe and does good.......considering he hadn't been a 168 fighter for 2 years before the joe fight......kinda weakens joe's win even more doesn't it?

if he's fighting at 190 1 fight later and hasn't fought at his natural weight class for 2 years......kinda proves he was past it. past it guys can't make their weight easily anymore.

Comment

hattons resume>>>>>calzaghes joke of a resume

Comment

I think Both fighters Resume got better once they finally ditched Frank Warren.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              so we're counting "supposed" fights as part of the resume now.

fine i'll count manny pacquiao for ricky. since he's suppose to fight manny but oscar might/could ruin it.

so he fights at cruiserweight after joe and does good.......considering he hadn't been a 168 fighter for 2 years before the joe fight......kinda weakens joe's win even more doesn't it?

if he's fighting at 190 1 fight later and hasn't fought at his natural weight class for 2 years......kinda proves he was past it. past it guys can't make their weight easily anymore.
              Nah ,the point is JC went after the strongest titlist at the time. He didn't go looking for a vacant belt. Hardly his fault that Collins' ass fell out before the fight.

Eubank fought weight drained half of the time anyway and he was only 31 for ****'s sake. Shot fighters don't jump 2 divisions and miss out on winning a world title by a whisker. Calzaghe was a relative novice and he absolutley dominated Eubank. Impressive.

Comment

Nah ,the point is JC went after the strongest titlist at the time. He didn't go looking for a vacant belt. Hardly his fault that Collins' ass fell out before the fight.

Eubank fought weight drained half of the time anyway and he was only 31 for ****'s sake. Shot fighters don't jump 2 divisions and miss out on winning a world title by a whisker. Calzaghe was a relative novice and he absolutley dominated Eubank. Impressive.
                steve collins had no interest in losing to joe. at least from what i've read......

oh don't get me wrong eubank win was a good win. i always count it as one of his best wins.

i'm just pointing out some things on the eubank win since SOME seem to try to diminish ricky's resume and his win over kostya.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  steve collins had no interest in losing to joe. at least from what i've read......

oh don't get me wrong eubank win was a good win. i always count it as one of his best wins.

i'm just pointing out some things on the eubank win since SOME seem to try to diminish ricky's resume and his win over kostya.
                  You're right, he didn't. Shame because it would probably done have done more for Joe's legacy.

I'm a massive fan of Ricky's too. I was at the Tszyu fight.

Comment

You're right, he didn't. Shame because it would probably done have done more for Joe's legacy.

I'm a massive fan of Ricky's too. I was at the Tszyu fight.
                    yeah beating collins would've been a great win.

Comment

I would say Hatton has the better resume. But Hatton did have more options and names around his weight class then Joe did IMO.

Plus Ricky chose not to be a Frank Warren monkey, unlike Joe.

Comment

Working...
                      X