No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez: One of the greatest fighters ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
    I never seen the Gomez fight.I know Nelson won in a tough fight.
    Here's the ending:

Pat Cowdell KO
    Last edited by TheGreatA; 11-15-2008, 03:23 AM.

Comment

His chin was great. But he also had great defence that gets over looked especially in close quarters he hardly got hit clean. Imo, as he went up and got older he used his chin more because he didn't train like he used too, and Chavez has said this himself - the not training 100% later in his career. Chavez got hit by Roger Maywather in the 1st fight that buckled Chavez knees and that gets over looked cause Chavez bit down and rushed on attack and ko'd Mayweather. I honestly think he'd still be great if he had a normal chin, but he may not have lasted so long, cause he was fighting big guys at 154 in older age and taking one hell of a shot at old age.
      I agree that he had underrated defense, he was good at blocking shots with his gloves and rolling with shots but he still got hit a lot, his chin helped him weather a lot of storms. It's hard to say how he would have done without that great chin because a lot of the shots he took would have probably knocked out a guy with a lesser chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Testdead View Post
        Salvador Sanchez.
        I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
          Here's the ending:

Pat Cowdell KO
          Great rounds of a vicious fight. Gomez has heart tons of heart.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
            Here's the ending:

Pat Cowdell KO
            My internet connection is slow, didn't see the 2nd video.

Thats not the Pat i was talking about that Sanchez fought. I never seen Sanchez fight this Pat.

Comment

Thats not the Pat i was talking about that Sanchez fought. I never seen Sanchez fight this Pat.
              It's the same Pat Cowdell.

Comment

You may have been talking about Patrick Ford who lost a majority decision to Sanchez.

Pat Cowdell lost a split decision to Sanchez.

Comment

Just looked at Sanchez recored, I was talking about Patrick Ford the black Pat.

Comment

Ah, I see.

Comment

I guess you have to take into account the old saying styles make fights, Sanchez starts late, Nelson starts fast and usally finishs strong too. Nelson also fought him 4 years later. I'll look for that fight, never seen it before.

Comment

Working...
                      X