No announcement yet.

Mijares HAS to be the most overrated fighter I've ever seen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megadude View Post
    maybe the other guy put in more work this time around, it's not impossible that someone actually gets BETTER or improves on somethin
    Like? You have to make Darchinyan respect your punches if you want to even have a chance against the guy. Darchinyan may have fought a southpaw two years ago but Darchinyan practically KOed every southpaw he faced including former champ Irene Pacheco. Orthodox fighters seemed to perform better against Darchinyan. Darchi didn't improve on his Donaire performace to win against Mijares, he just had to do what he usually did against southpaws and Mijares not having power made doing his usual thing easier for Darchi.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      Lolz......
      Clegg, that's downright cruel using Diego's own posts to reveal how he constantly contradicts himself.

Now go and bump that thread where he slags off Floyd Mayweather before he got on the bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
        exactly. you don't go into a fight with every single advantage other than power and end up losing to a guy as one-dimensional as Vic Darchinyan
        Hey Diego,

Obviously you dont know much about boxing. The only two words that you do know are OVERRATED and ONE DIMENSIONAL. STFU and give Vic some credit. He deserves it after coming out and doing what he said he will. That said Mijares was not overrated. Darchinyan was UNDERRATED!!

Comment

Diego should've been a character on Dave Chappelles Players Haters Ball.. HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
            This was the third time I saw him fight tonight. I don't understand how you get on pound for pound lists beating Jorge Arce, but whatever. I've seen Vic fight on Showtime about 5 times and he's not a good fighter. Not at all. He only throws one punch, so if you have any boxing ability whatsoever, you can counter him all night. How the hell does a guy billed as a "master boxer" lose to Vic Darchinyan?

No disrespect to Vic fans cuz your boy earned it. I'm calling Mijares out as the most overrated fighter I've seen since following boxing.

Be easy bro, i dont think he's the most overrated boxer, i just think he didnt take advantage of his boxing abilitites. I also think he underestimated Darch and it cost him big time. I was reading somewhere that Mijares was going to emulate how Donaire beat him but i think someone forgot to tell Mijares that he doesnt punch like Donaire...If he did, he would have been able to keep Darch honest, but he never was able to hurt him or keep him at bay.

Had he boxed like he usually does, i think he would have been able to counter Darch all night and it would have been a close fight.....

But i take nothing away from Darch, he did what he said he was goin to do!!
            Last edited by mrlopez; 11-02-2008, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Googler View Post
              Hey Diego,

Obviously you dont know much about boxing. The only two words that you do know are OVERRATED and ONE DIMENSIONAL. STFU and give Vic some credit. He deserves it after coming out and doing what he said he will!!
              ^^^^^
              Co-sign, i love when guys actually back their talk up and eventhough Darch is a lil cocky and annoying, he deserves a lot of credit!!! He put on a show!!

Comment

I put him on my prospect list I was sure he'd be good.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                  **** off you ****. No one saw this coming. You don't know **** about boxing and you can go **** yourself.
                  There's nothin to trip on, I mean Mijares is obviously skilled, but he's struggled with guys worse then Vic. He won those fights, but he struggled nonetheless. I mean he fought guys worse then Vic and those fights we're considered close fights.

Comment

Mijares is just overrated.. his big wins were against old-aging-over-the-hill fighters - Arce & Muņoz...

nuff said...

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                      Oh and Vic fought a beautiful fight. He had improved and was so goddamn akward. However I do think that Mijares could come back. He was not overrated and fought beautiful fights against Arce and Munoz. No one saw it coming.

That's not overrated, that's being underrated...and underrated's name is Vic Darchinyan
                      I saw it coming and many here don't listen lol..... Me and Vanes saw it and we got discredited....

Comment

Working...
                      X