No announcement yet.

Mijares HAS to be the most overrated fighter I've ever seen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
    and notice how most of the people getting mad at me for calling fighters overrated are Pavlik, Cotto, Margarito or Mijares fans?
    I don't see how you can be a fan of boxing and NOT be a fan of these fighters. They may not be great, but when they fight everybody watches, or at least should.

Comment

• I'm really, really glad the users on this forum don't represent the average boxing fan. Some great guys on here, but there are plenty of losers that immediately disregard a boxer that loses any fight against anybody as "exposed", or "overrated", or whatever you farking losers-at-large are using as the "word of the day". Some seriously pathetic ****ers here, no doubt. I guess you're just hoping everybody else is as stupid, ****ed up and useless as yourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by IEsickboy View Post
        I don't see how you can be a fan of boxing and NOT be a fan of these fighters. They may not be great, but when they fight everybody watches, or at least should.
        I tune in to watch Pavlik and Margarito and would any day of the week. They are exciting, but I'm not dumb enough to say they are great fighters. They walk forward and throw punches and show no defense. How is that being a great fighter?

Comment

I tune in to watch Pavlik and Margarito and would any day of the week. They are exciting, but I'm not dumb enough to say they are great fighters. They walk forward and throw punches and show no defense. How is that being a great fighter?
          There are a few guys that I think will be on the P4P list and will make it better than it is now. I think Lopez, Dawson, Williams, Berto, Haye (all the skills that chin may be his downfall), Concepcion all have what it takes to be on the P4P list.

It looks unfortunate that Concepcion will be steered into Lopez so early with such little experience though.

Comment

• Originally posted by roujinziro View Post
            He's not overrated, he's a counter puncher whose opponent was more improved than he expected and couldn't adjust. Instead of saying Mijares is overrated, it's better to say Vic is a much improved fighter. We knew he had power, but he showed great defensive abilities and was also a more patient fighter.
            this post pwnz all. this is exactly what happened. mijares just couldnt adjust to vics style. vic is a beast he surprised me by improving his D and his boxing skills. i dont think anyone with sense gave vic a chance beating let alone OUTBOXING mijares. hats off to vic, he deserved it.

Comment

This was the third time I saw him fight tonight. I don't understand how you get on pound for pound lists beating Jorge Arce, but whatever. I've seen Vic fight on Showtime about 5 times and he's not a good fighter. Not at all. He only throws one punch, so if you have any boxing ability whatsoever, you can counter him all night. How the hell does a guy billed as a "master boxer" lose to Vic Darchinyan?

No disrespect to Vic fans cuz your boy earned it. I'm calling Mijares out as the most overrated fighter I've seen since following boxing.
              Guy take it easy man..
              Stop your usual hating..

BTW, Calzaghe is the most over rated fighter..

Comment

Just commenting on you mentioning the only people getting mad at you are fans of Pavlik, Cotto, Margaito, etc. While they may not be great, P4P staus, or whatever, all of them are/were recognized world champions and considered one of the best in their divisions. I don't see that as overrated, and it really doesn't get much better than that these days. Regardless of your opinion of them, you pretty much have to agree with that. I don't see how anybody can be a fan of the sport today and not be a fan of these fighters, so that should cover just about everyone who posts on here.

Comment

• I've watched the fight again and Mijares has got to be the most overrated guy I've seen since I started watching boxing (12 years ago). Wow, how could a guy in the top 10 pound for pound (not sure how he got in there) lose to a guy like Vic? I love Vic, but my God, he is far from a great fighter. He's so freaking basic with his left, left, left, left, left.

Comment

I've watched the fight again and Mijares has got to be the most overrated guy I've seen since I started watching boxing (12 years ago). Wow, how could a guy in the top 10 pound for pound (not sure how he got in there) lose to a guy like Vic? I love Vic, but my God, he is far from a great fighter. He's so freaking basic with his left, left, left, left, left.
                    Mijares just fought a terrible fight. I am not going to quickly jump on him and say he is overrated. Fighters are allowed to have bad performances. If he fails to come back from this and beat top fighters I will agree with you but until then I think it is too harsh and premature to call him the most overrated fighter in the past decade.

Comment

I've watched the fight again and Mijares has got to be the most overrated guy I've seen since I started watching boxing (12 years ago). Wow, how could a guy in the top 10 pound for pound (not sure how he got in there) lose to a guy like Vic? I love Vic, but my God, he is far from a great fighter. He's so freaking basic with his left, left, left, left, left.
                      Diego, here's your answer, POWER. I don't care how skilled a fighter is, but if that fighter can't deal with power, the fight is over. Mijares got caught very early in the fight, right then and there, Mijares made a decision that he didn't wanna deal with it along with a few tactical mistakes. That's all there's to it.

Mijares made some attempts to put somethin' together, but he simply did not and does not have anything for Darchinnyan to respect.

When any fighter gets hit. There's only two decisions to make, to fight like a madman(See PACMAN fights) or fight to survive(See De La Joto fights). Frijoles chose the latter.
                      Last edited by We want Floyd; 11-03-2008, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X