Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Calzaghe only slapped against Hopkins"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea it wasn't the headbutt you can clearly see joe throwing punches back after the headbutt on steady legs then he gets hit with the right and he does a chicken dance. oh well trying to lie again. CAUGHT
    exactly....

Comment

That head butt was part of a 2 hit combination. Calzaghe won, it's too late now. Go think up some excuses for when Calzaghe beats RJJ next.

Comment

Originally posted by luv3s2sp00g3 View Post
        That head butt was part of a 2 hit combination. Calzaghe won, it's too late now. Go think up some excuses for when Calzaghe beats RJJ next.
        Hopkins is 43.

Roy is 39.

hE WAS THE BETTING FAVORITE OVER BOTH.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
          Where are the prick who said Calzaghe didn't land one punch? ******s.

Comment

Calslappy did not dominate or hurt him. he got dropped on his arse by an old man. does tha fact that he avoided every american in their prime not mean anything to so called boxing fans? he is an overprotected chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
              Honestly, I kind of felt like Oscar maybe should've gotten the nod, but I tend to judge for the busier fighter, so I can easily see it either way. Floyd did counter brilliantly at times...too few and far between to suit me, but nice when it happened.

As for Hopkins/Zaggs....I gave Hopkins 4 rounds, including the 1st. Not that he was getting beaten up, but that he wasn't throwing anything. He landed about a half-dozen pretty right hands, but you can't win a fight with that kind of work rate. I don't give a **** how pretty those punches are, they can't win a fight unless your opponent doesn't throw at all.

So, my final score was 115/112. I could, however, see someone giving Hopkins another round....barely, and even then only if you're a bit of a Hopkins fan, so 114/113 I have no problem with. What I can't see, however, is anyone being able to actually give the fight to HOpkins without being fairly heavily biased. If you actually watch every second of every round, and score it according to who does the most, you can't have Hopkins ahead on your cards after the last bell, not if you're completely honest when you score it.
              righttttttttttttt so all the fans and boxing media who had hopkins winning are biased? how about the 2 judges who didn't score the fight correctly? it's a lot easier to say 2 people are biased than a million. but whatever you think oscar and calzaghe won cause they "looked" busier. i have a bridge i'd like to sell you.

Comment

what Hopkins missed was combinations like in the Pavlik fight to catch the eye of the judges more...i think this is partially because of Joe's style and partially because Roach was telling Bernard he was clearly winning (wich he was, imo, but not so clearly)

Comment

Originally posted by djsygo View Post
                  what Hopkins missed was combinations like in the Pavlik fight to catch the eye of the judges more...i think this is partially because of Joe's style and partially because Roach was telling Bernard he was clearly winning (wich he was, imo, but not so clearly)
                  imo hopkins was winning so easy he didn't even try. ****** move but makes sense i mean calzaghe wasn't hitting him but hopkins didn't know the judges thought he was. he won the first 6 rounds easily and coasted. little did he know the judges wanted to keep the fight close like they always do. to say he was tired is untrue just cause he clinched. that't not a sign of being tired it was a strategy. also look at who was tired in the corner it wasn't hopkins it was calzaghe truth hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    imo hopkins was winning so easy he didn't even try. ****** move but makes sense i mean calzaghe wasn't hitting him but hopkins didn't know the judges thought he was. he won the first 6 rounds easily and coasted. little did he know the judges wanted to keep the fight close like they always do. to say he was tired is untrue just cause he clinched. that't not a sign of being tired it was a strategy. also look at who was tired in the corner it wasn't hopkins it was calzaghe truth hurts.
                    i agree...

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                      I disagree with the hurting part.

But, I agree Calzaghe won it clearly. I originally scored it 116-112 Calzaghe, and since then have scored it 114-113 Calzaghe 4 times in a row.
                      Like i said though, the fat hotdog eating yanks have an old tradition of being in 'Denial'. Take the moon landing for example "We did go to the moon!", or even Vietnam "We did win Vietnam".

de·lu·sion
                      1. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.
                      2. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of hotdog eating.

Comment

Working...
                      X