Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calzaghe: "Pavlik Was Exposed, Overrated, Overhyped"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He shouldn't keep running his mouth. He's just pissed that no one believes he's as great as he wants them to ****ing believe.

Comment

I'm sorry but what an *******, the fact that Hopkins won only works in his advantage. Not many people disputed the decision for Calzaghe prior to last saturday (including me), but the fight was damn close. If he won't fight Hopkins, let him fight Dawson and silence all critics. Calzaghe never decisively beat a natural light heavy. Hopkins actually beat a real 175 pounder in Tarver and leaves no dispute as to whether he can beat the likes of Dawson, Tarver or Johnson (who he's defeated already).

Despite him having the ring belt, I still think the're a lot of top 10 light heavies that can beat him. If he beats Dawson I'll eat my words and reckognise Calzaghe as a true great, right now he's proven nothing in the division to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Cardiff, Wales - As he continues to prepare for his November 8 "Battle of the Superpowers" against Roy Jones, Jr at Madison Square Garden in New York City and live on HBO Pay-Per-View, undefeated light heavyweight champion Joe Calzaghe took a quick break from training to share his thoughts on Saturday night's tremendous victory for Bernard Hopkins over Kelly Pavlik. Here is what he had to say [details]
        Joe must of been talking about himself, because he picked Kelly Pavlik to beat Hopkins. Now hes flip flopping again. I see a pattern.

"No one looks good fighting Hop". Pav didn't get exposed. He got schooled. He was a grade school student getting a first right hand lesson in the mechanics of boxing by the college professor Mr. B-HOP.

If anything Pav got a paid lesson and can walk away STILL a champion holding his belts and can move back down in weight and face AA and/or Dawson if he so chooses while having the knowledge and skills of being in the ring with Hop.

To me it was a win win situation for him. Doesn't look so good now but he got tested and now needs to go back to the drawing boards. Dudes only 26 and has entire career ahead of him. I think this was a great opportunity. Like I said doesn't look so good right now but down the road it will mean more.

Over rated? NO. Exposed? NO. Over hyped? NO. If PAV where truly these things, Joe Calzaghe would have fought him already. FACT! NOW the truth hurts...... Don't hate the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
          Essentially, he's right, and that's the bottom line. Pavliks clearly not on that level and it's taken this to show some persistent doubters. Same happened with Lacy whom had more defences and was exposed more.

Now some peoples rants will move conveniently over to Dawson whom apparently Calzaghe 'has to face' for respect. It's non stop there's always someone new.

Hopkins, Calzaghe's and Jones's careers are all coming to they're natural ends, respect em for what they are.
          Only because he's never beaten a true light heavyweight decisively, I do reckognise him as the MAN at 168.

Roy Jones' career came to its natural end after he beat Ruiz btw

Comment

Originally posted by SHB View Post
            Pavlik would barely make the Top 10 in terms of punchers Calzaghe has fought.
            Sure buddy
            Hes fought way bigger punchers and slapped the shyte out of them
            thats for true!
            hahahaha

Comment

now we are all gonna see how over-rated joe is when Roy spanks him...plus joe lost to Hopkins!

Comment

I love this off Joe. he deserves to say what he wants. he's the unbeaten champ. Pavlova got lippy calling him out, when he's not fit to wipe the cum off Joe's ****.

Get in Joe, lap it up.

I'd LOVE to see Zaggy torture Pavlova the hypejob.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  now we are all gonna see how over-rated joe is when Roy spanks him...plus joe lost to Hopkins!
                  lololol. jones is gonna get beaten BADLY by Calzaghe just like ***** Hopkins did.

Calzaghe is the best fighter of his ERA.

Comment

As much as it hurts to pavlik fans, Calzaghe's absolutely right. He was 45-0, undisputed super middleweight champ and suddenly he gets disrespected and accused of ducking an unproven young fighter. Hopkins did expose Pavlik and Calzaghe knew that if he faced Pavlik, he'd pull out a 'Lacy' performance - Lacy was another overrated, overhyped young American. Pavlik is good, Calzaghe is a great, B-Hop is a legend. End of.

Comment

Truth hurts and Calzaghe is right. Pavlik has no business fighting above 160, he should stay at MW and defens his title. One more thing...if he doesn't add anything to his arsenal he will lose to Arthur Abraham by KO. Taylor and Hopkins showed us that if you take away Pavlik's right he has nothing else. I hope Pavlik can learn from this and please stay away from Arthur. Time to get rid of Loews...send his ass back to paving driveways.

Comment

Working...
                      X