No announcement yet.

Was Collazo robbed against Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Yeah, it all happened in one round...sure.
    Here we go.

I didnt say that. He was staggering around the ring in the 12th because he was fatigued and was taking several clean shots in a row. That doesnt mean he had been taking a beating the entire fight.

Collazo landed the more eye-catching blows but Hatton landed more overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky_Hatton View Post
      WHat was the official score cards?

What's that got to do with the price of fish? We're talking about a robbery. Unless you are referring to the margin in question and not trying to imply the official one is right, go **** yourself! James Degale is a **** bag ****.

Anglias chiennes are all about hype. No ****ing end result and no real deal just a whole load of bull**** hype like 'better than Naz' Amir Khan and 'better than pele' Shrek lookalike fat bastard **** Wyane rooney. Post war Angleterre has descended into one BIG JOKE. Keep living in the past you bum boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Here we go.

I didnt say that. He was staggering around the ring in the 12th because he was fatigued and was taking several clean shots in a row. That doesnt mean he had been taking a beating the entire fight.

Collazo landed the more eye-catching blows but Hatton landed more overall.
        Yeah...the fatigue came from walking into shot after shot in previous rounds.

So Hatton may have landed more but Collazo landed his fair share. And if, going into the championship rounds, one was far more beaten and battered than the other, it's not hard to figure out who landed the more effective blows.

Comment

all I've seen was that round where ricky was getting basted.that ratty version of the fight flaoting around sucks and thus, i refuse to watch it.

Comment

Yeah...the fatigue came from walking into shot after shot in previous rounds.

So Hatton may have landed more but Collazo landed his fair share. And if, going into the championship rounds, one was far more beaten and battered than the other, it's not hard to figure out who landed the more effective blows.
            Yes that was a factor (as I actually stated if you chose to read )but also it came about due to bad preparation. Hatton had been training for Lazcano - an orthodox junior welterweight contender and had to change to fight Collazo on a months notice - a southpaw welterweight champion. He tried to bulk up too much to try and bully Collazo like he'd been doing with guys at 140 but that clearly didnt work.

Like i said, Hatton was known for his stamina and had walked through Kostya Tszyu's right hands - I doubt Collazo's punches were the sole reason he was weary down the stretch.

Once again, focusing too much on a few rounds at the end - Hatton clearly won the 11th if I remember correctly anyway - shouldnt take away from the work Hatton was doing earlier in the fight.

Comment

Yes that was a factor but also it came about due to bad preparation. Hatton had been training for Lazcano - an orthodox junior welterweight contender and had to change to fight Collazo on a months notice - a southpaw welterweight champion. He tried to bulk up too much to try and bully Collazo like he'd been doing with guys at 140 but that clearly didnt work.
              Thanks but you don't have to make excuses for him. No, really.

Like i said, Hatton was known for his stamina and had walked through Kostya Tszyu's right hands - I doubt Collazo's punches were the sole reason he was weary down the stretch.
              You doubt it? I don't.

Once again, focusing too much on a few rounds at the end - Hatton clearly won the 11th if I remember correctly anyway - shouldnt take away from the work Hatton was doing earlier in the fight.
              Hatton's face was a swollen mess before the 12th.

Comment

Add a fucking poll.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgang View Post
                  I think collazo won a close sd, but hatton winning a UD makes it a robbery.
                  You can't say that. Because if 3 people saw the fight the same way 1 of the judges you thought had it, it would still be a unanimous decision. It was a close fight, Hatton looked real bad, but did not get a "gift". I still think Collazo was the better fighter, but when you add it up Hatton got the right amoutn of points

Comment

Thanks but you don't have to make excuses for him. No, really.

You doubt it? I don't.

Hatton's face was a swollen mess before the 12th.
                    Wow. You really are just a complete waste of time to try to converse with. You're a twat. Plain and simple.

I was just stating what happened in the preparation.

Lets judge fights on swelling now. Forbes must've pummeled Oscar. **** sake, you could fart on Hatton's face and it would develop bruising.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Wow. You really are just a complete waste of time to try to converse with. You're a twat. Plain and simple.

I was just stating what happened in the preparation.

Lets judge fights on swelling now. Forbes must've pummeled Oscar. **** sake, you could fart on Hatton's face and it would develop bruising.
                      LOL @ what happened in preparation. Nah, you tried to make excuses for Hatton, that's all. You weren't there in camp so don't tell me "what happened in preparation."

And who said judge fights by swelling? You're pretending as if Collazo had one good round. He didn't. By the sixth, he was in command of that fight and walking Hatton into clean shots. He wobbled him bad in the ninth, again in the elventh and again a round later.

Put your bias aside and pretend it was two African-American fighters. You'll see things more clear then.

Comment

Working...
                      X