Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Collazo robbed against Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've argued many times on here that a close fight can't be a robbery. Either guy coulda won by a point or 2 and it oulda been cool. Just like Pac-JMM 2, it was a close fight w/ a KD basically stealin it for Hatton. I just wish Collazo woulda got his rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
      Bull****. You didn't even talk about Hatton when he fought lazcano. You had talked so much **** about how Hatton was going to beat Mayweather and then all you did was cry excuses about how Hatton was to small.

Where are your threads about Hatton beating Paulie? Hmmm? What about posts. You are a fair weather fan admit it. Let's see if you stick around with Cotto...
      Are u obsessed with me or something? I asked a simple question in which everyone is giving thier feedback on, yet you're the only one acting like an emotional whore! Be easy puta!

Comment

He wasnt robbed but I think Collazo did win it pretty easy
        Either way he is gonna be around far after Ricky cause hatton is just a punching bag and has 2 maybe 3 fights left

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          LOL @ what happened in preparation. Nah, you tried to make excuses for Hatton, that's all. You weren't there in camp so don't tell me "what happened in preparation."

And who said judge fights by swelling? You're pretending as if Collazo had one good round. He didn't. By the sixth, he was in command of that fight and walking Hatton into clean shots. He wobbled him bad in the ninth, again in the elventh and again a round later.

Put your bias aside and pretend it was two African-American fighters. You'll see things more clear then.
          No Hatton was training for Lazcano and got Collazo at a months notice. Thats what happened in preparation. Im sorry you werent aware of that.

I didnt pretend he had one good round. I said he had at least 6 since I scored 6 for him. You're the one talking about Hatton staggering around in the 12th as if he'd been taking a beating all throughout the fight whilst ignoring the good work he did.

I have no idea what you're infering by the African-American bit. Wonder if you'll explain it or weasel out as I expect you to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            No Hatton was training for Lazcano and got Collazo at a months notice. Thats what happened in preparation. Im sorry you werent aware of that.

I didnt pretend he had one good round. I said he had at least 6 since I scored 6 for him. You're the one talking about Hatton staggering around in the 12th as if he'd been taking a beating all throughout the fight whilst ignoring the good work he did.

I have no idea what you're infering by the African-American bit. Wonder if you'll explain it or weasel out as I expect you to.
            My premise is that Collazo landed the cleaner, more effective punches.

That's all. I didn't ask you to tell me about how Hatton was training for Lazcano and wasn't prepared yada, yada.

And what I meant by the African-American reference was that if Hatton wasnt a UK fighter, you wouldn't be telling me how he looked bad because he had only a month to prepare, how it couldn't have been Collazo's punches that made him tired (WTF???) and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Sorry buddy but I remember that fight it was when I was still a hatton fan and I was telling all the peeps watching the fight that hatton was a bad arce
              then he got wobbled like 3 times. The best opinion is that of the non boxing fan cause they call it the way they see it and all said hatton was a bum and he lost.
              Low and behold they were right!
              LMAO
              Hatton seems like a nice chum to down a few frosties with though thats for true!

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                My premise is that Collazo landed the cleaner, more effective punches.

That's all. I didn't ask you to tell me about how Hatton was training for Lazcano and wasn't prepared yada, yada.

And what I meant by the African-American reference was that if Hatton wasnt a UK fighter, you wouldn't be telling me how he looked bad because he had only a month to prepare, how it couldn't have been Collazo's punches that made him tired (WTF???) and all that.
                Your premise is correct. But you dont win fights on landing eye catching punches if they arent as plentiful as the punches being landed on you. Hatton outlanded and outworked Collazo. Thats my premise.

I dont care what you did or didnt ask me. This is a forum. Learn to accept other people's opinions. I offered a reason for Hatton's sudden fatigue down the stretch

I also said Collazo's punches were a factor - I never said it "couldnt have been" - nice lie though.

What does being African-American have to do with it?

Comment

Collazo WAS the champ..

It was really close.. I had it a Draw which means, Collazo should've retained his title..

The last round was a 10-8 round in my book.. He was destroyed that round..

I like Collazo and I wish him luck

Comment

Your premise is correct. But you dont win fights on landing eye catching punches if they arent as plentiful as the punches being landed on you. Hatton outlanded and outworked Collazo. Thats my premise.
                    I never said they were eye-catching. What are you talking about? I said they were cleaner and more effective.

I dont care what you did or didnt ask me. This is a forum. Learn to accept other people's opinions. I offered a reason for Hatton's sudden fatigue down the stretch
                    Thanks for your opinion but your excuses don't negate anything.
                    I also said Collazo's punches were a factor - I never said it "couldnt have been" - nice lie though.
                    You're right. You said: I doubt Collazo's punches were the sole reason he was weary down the stretch. So what were the other reasons?

What does being African-American have to do with it?
                    It means if he wasn't from the UK, you wouldn't be telling me how he was tired because he didn't prepare properly.

Comment

i'm sorry, but i can't belive some of the stuff i'm reading in this thread. hatton won the first round do to the knock down, after that it was all collazo. hatton righted the ship in the 9th and 10th, but got whooped the 11th and 12th. IMHO collazo was robbed. in my mind the fight was close, but for collazo.

really, it still makes me sick to this day. it was one of the most recent times in boxing that i could remember where pure hype won a fight for a fighter, and not the fighter himself.

one thing i would suggest is, watch that fight without the commentary...let HBO tell it, hatton won every round...he didn't. he only won a couple in my veiw.

plus on a side note, many say that floyd exposed hatton, that is a damn lie. collazo exposed hatton, and made him ran as fast as he could from 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X