No announcement yet.

Was Collazo robbed against Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Low Blow Armo View Post
    Hatton had just signed a 4 fight deal with HBO prior to the Collazo fight. There was no way they were going to let him lose. Of course Hatton lost. I had Collazo winning at least 8 rounds clearly in that fight. He got robbed the way Barios got robbed against Barrera in their first fight.
    You must really be eating peanut butter and crack sandwiches like your avatar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Cleaner and more effective, eye catching - again you're splitting hairs. Cleaner punches are more eye catching. But if you dont land as more than your opponent, you dont usually win. And Hatton landed more, did some very good bodywork and forced the fight throughout.

You must come from the Bernard Hopkins school of judging if you think landing the occasional straight right hand wins you a round. (By the way, Im not saying Collazo's performance was anything like Hopkins, just making a point).

I said it wasnt the sole reason. I gave you the other reasons. You called them excuses. I would think moving up in weight on a months notice would maybe be a reason. You think not. Slightly strange but whatever.

One more time - what does being AFRICAN-AMERICAN have to do with it?
      Look bro, African american latin, chinese, italian he means anything but a fighter from the UK. You are really bias towards fighters from the UK and Europe in general so he is just asking you to picture 2 guys from different races fighting hence 2 black dudes.
      I know you are smarter than that
      back to the thread
      Hatton was doing his 1-2 hug and hold thing while Collazo was doing his 1,2, 3 punch combos that hattons face was eating up reallynice. Bottom line to be the champ you have to take it from him not hug and hold and eat all the punches he throws.
      Collazo won buddy but its a forum and we have the right to disagree

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        How do you know who landed more? Because compubox told you? That's not a reliable tool. And if Hatton's body work was so good, why was he the one holding on and gasping for air at the end?

In other words, you have NO point since Collazo landed PLENTY.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2380697

One month's notice? Try two. Furthermore, for a fighter who balloon's in weight, going down to 147 should be easier than going down to 140 right?

I've answered it twice already. Once is funny, twice is silly, three times...you're an IDIOT.
        Because I watched the fight. Hatton was landing more punches. They werent as clean or hard as Collazos - I dont think Hatton has any significant power at Welter - but they were landing.

No my point is, you can land more eye catching and cleaner blows and still lose the fight by being outworked.

No not really. You clearly dont have a clue. Hatton's optimum weight is 140lbs. Training to fight a 140lb orthodox fighter and then having to change to fight a southpaw at 147 might just throw things off a bit, dont you think? Weighing too much in the ring - which Hatton did on the night - can affect speed, timing, and stamina (which he had bundles of at 140).

You didnt answer it. You said if it wasnt a UK fighter. So what does being AFRICAN AMERICAN have to do with being a non-UK fighter? Why not white american? Or Canadian? Or anywhere else. Hmm weaseling out as expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          And what the **** does "force the fight" mean? You don't get CREDIT for that!

"Oh, I forced the fight!" Muthaphukka, he signed to fight you didn't he? And you better not say some dumb **** like that when you're the one looking like a wreck after twelve rounds.
          everybody gets credit for forcing fights now i always thought it was about actually landing punches

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
            Look bro, African american latin, chinese, italian he means anything but a fighter from the UK. You are really bias towards fighters from the UK and Europe in general so he is just asking you to picture 2 guys from different races fighting hence 2 black dudes.
            back to the thread
            Hatton was doing his 1-2 hug and hold thing while Collazo was doing his 1,2, 3 punch combos that hattons face was eating up reallynice. Bottom line to be the champ you have to take it from him not hug and hold and eat all the punches he throws.
            Collazo won buddy but its a forum and we have the right to disagree
            It doesnt make sense when people say this. Its a ten point must system.

They both won six rounds, Hatton had the extra point cause the KD. Only thing is the rounds that Hatton won werent pretty.

Comment

• fights are judged on clean punches not partial punche and collazo was the 1 landing the clean shots

Comment

• Because I watched the fight. Hatton was landing more punches. They werent as clean or hard as Collazos - I dont think Hatton has any significant power at Welter - but they were landing.
                So now YOU'RE compubox.

No my point is, you can land more eye catching and cleaner blows and still lose the fight by being outworked.
                Maybe.

No not really. You clearly dont have a clue. Hatton's optimum weight is 140lbs. Training to fight a 140lb orthodox fighter and then having to change to fight a southpaw at 147 might just throw things off a bit, dont you think? Weighing too much in the ring - which Hatton did on the night - can affect speed, timing, and stamina (which he had bundles of at 140).
                Feel free to provide a link that shows he was preparing to fight Lazcano ALL THAT TIME. And it better not be from MONTHS before. We already know you lied about having "only one month to prepare."

You didnt answer it. You said if it wasnt a UK fighter. So what does being AFRICAN AMERICAN have to do with being a non-UK fighter? Why not white american? Or Canadian? Or anywhere else. Hmm weaseling out as expected.
                You ARE an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  Are you sure about that? Read his next post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post

They both won six rounds, Hatton had the extra point cause the KD. Only thing is the rounds that Hatton won werent pretty.
                    I agree fully with this. Collazo was catching Hatton coming in, knocking his head back with straight lefts and right hooks. It was much cleaner work.

Hatton was getting inside and digging to the body, it doesnt look as pretty as what Collazo was doing but that doesnt mean it wasnt effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post

yea besides the 1st round any of those 6 rounds that you think hatton won could of went to collazo because in no way did hatton dominate any of those rounds

Comment

Working...
                      X