Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Collazo robbed against Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had it 7-5 for collazo with the kd making it a draw but in the last round or the 11th i can't remember but collazo drops hatton with the 1-2 and it was not counted.
    the fight is not even really that close you could give collazo 8 rounds but some rounds are more of hatton type rounds so some people might give hatton those rounds but hatton didn't make collazo do anything he didn't want if the fight was an inside fight it was because collazo let it be that type of fight

Comment

yea, but thats all news wont really change anything

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
        i had it 7-5 for collazo with the kd making it a draw but in the last round or the 11th i can't remember but collazo drops hatton with the 1-2 and it was not counted.
        the fight is not even really that close you could give collazo 8 rounds but some rounds are more of hatton type rounds so some people might give hatton those rounds but hatton didn't make collazo do anything he didn't want if the fight was an inside fight it was because collazo let it be that type of fight
        Yeah. That was pretty bogus.

Comment

Hatton had just signed a 4 fight deal with HBO prior to the Collazo fight. There was no way they were going to let him lose. Of course Hatton lost. I had Collazo winning at least 8 rounds clearly in that fight. He got robbed the way Barios got robbed against Barrera in their first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
            no

Hatton forced the fight nearly all the way through and probably threw more punches
            this mentality has got to go. forcing the fight? a moronic talking point. how does coming forward and "forcing a fight" have anything to do with winning a boxing match. collazo still beat him up with cleaner better punches just like hopkins beat calzaghe. "forcing a fight" is code for walking into punches apparently. i could "force' lennox lewis to fight me by calling his mother filthy names but doesn't mean i would win that fight.

Comment

It was too close to be called a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                I never said they were eye-catching. What are you talking about? I said they were cleaner and more effective.

Thanks for your opinion but your excuses don't negate anything.

You're right. You said: I doubt Collazo's punches were the sole reason he was weary down the stretch. So what were the other reasons?

It means if he wasn't from the UK, you wouldn't be telling me how he was tired because he didn't prepare properly.
                Cleaner and more effective, eye catching - again you're splitting hairs. Cleaner punches are more eye catching. But if you dont land as more than your opponent, you dont usually win. And Hatton landed more, did some very good bodywork and forced the fight throughout.

You must come from the Bernard Hopkins school of judging if you think landing the occasional straight right hand wins you a round. (By the way, Im not saying Collazo's performance was anything like Hopkins, just making a point).

I said it wasnt the sole reason. I gave you the other reasons. You called them excuses. I would think moving up in weight on a months notice would maybe be a reason. You think not. Slightly strange but whatever.

One more time - what does being AFRICAN-AMERICAN have to do with it?

Comment

Cleaner and more effective, eye catching - again you're splitting hairs. Cleaner punches are more eye catching. But if you dont land as more than your opponent, you dont usually win. And Hatton landed more, did some very good bodywork and forced the fight throughout.
                  How do you know who landed more? Because compubox told you? That's not a reliable tool. And if Hatton's body work was so good, why was he the one holding on and gasping for air at the end?

You must come from the Bernard Hopkins school of judging if you think landing the occasional straight right hand wins you a round. (By the way, Im not saying Collazo's performance was anything like Hopkins, just making a point).
                  In other words, you have NO point since Collazo landed PLENTY.

I said it wasnt the sole reason. I gave you the other reasons. You called them excuses. I would think moving up in weight on a months notice would maybe be a reason. You think not. Slightly strange but whatever.
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2380697

One month's notice? Try two. Furthermore, for a fighter who balloon's in weight, going down to 147 should be easier than going down to 140 right?

One more time - what does being AFRICAN-AMERICAN have to do with it
                  I've answered it twice already. Once is funny, twice is silly, three times...you're an IDIOT.

Comment

NO. The weeks of crying on this site after this fight was totally ridiculous.

Comment

• And what the **** does "force the fight" mean? You don't get CREDIT for that!

"Oh, I forced the fight!" Muthaphukka, he signed to fight you didn't he? And you better not say some dumb **** like that when you're the one looking like a wreck after twelve rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X