Who is the best boxing commentator?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abadger View Post
    Richie Woodhall!
    abadger do you like listening to yank commentators??

Comment

Originally posted by ALT-Assassin View Post
      He didn't give up.He got frustrated becasue Klitchscko took away his gameplan.He was knocked out.Giving up is pulling a Charlie Zelenoff.
      I thought that Thompson pretty much gave up all attempts at winning towards round 9 or so. I havn't watched it for a while though, So I may be remembering it incorrectly..

But I am sure that Tony kind of resigned himself to the fact he would lose and didn't bother towards the end.

Comment

Duke Mckenzie dosent get a slot?

He got right down the pipe

Comment

Originally posted by garryd View Post
          yeah i am !
          I have watched plenty of UK streams and they all talk over eachother sometimes.I don't understand how you could call a professional commentator a joke when you have people like Steve Bunce talking utter ****.

Comment

My favourite HBO lineup is when they have all of Lampley, Merchant, Steward and Kellerman.

The most important member of the team is Lampley. Although he has a lot of the "anchorman" about him, he's really a terrific boxing commentator.

Comment

You didn't ask me but,

I prefer American Commentators over British ones. They normally seem more passionate than Brits.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                I thought that Thompson pretty much gave up all attempts at winning towards round 9 or so. I havn't watched it for a while though, So I may be remembering it incorrectly..

But I am sure that Tony kind of resigned himself to the fact he would lose and didn't bother towards the end.
                He didn't have much of a chance in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by ALT-Assassin View Post
                  I have watched plenty of UK streams and they all talk over eachother sometimes.I don't understand how you could call a professional commentator a joke when you have people like Steve Bunce talking utter ****.
                  Have you ever heard of the great Reg Gutteridge??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reg_Gutteridge

Comment

I don't mind them. The HBO team is very knowedgeable and always has something to say, although sometimes its a little less like sports commentating and more like breakfast TV!

I think the standard of the UK guys is very poor. Woodhall and McGuigan are good, but Setanta is awful with Bunce, who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Nuts TV is the worst coverage I have ever seen.

Comment

Have you ever heard of the great Reg Gutteridge??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reg_Gutteridge
                      Yes,he is very good.I never said British commentators are jokes.

Comment

Working...
                      X