No announcement yet.

Who is the best boxing commentator?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    Those Irish dudes on RTE are a riot, and the Setanta crew usually don't pull any punches.
    I enjoy listening to them both much more than Lamps or any of the HBO crew.
    I can't believe some of the **** Setanta say! After Jonothan Banks fight against Rossito Bunce was like

"If he's got 19KOs then there have to be some absolute BUMS on the US Cruiserweight Scene" and stuff like that. I laughed my ass off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
      I wish I could have included some of the British commentators in the poll, but I'm not familiar with their names, except for Richie Woodhall.

I really like the guy with the Scottish accent (he's on Sky I believe). One of the commentators on Nuts TV is very good and hilariously funny by times.
      Jim Watt. He's brilliant when he gats excited or is outraged but in general he's a bit negative for my liking

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        It's between Lampley and Merchant IMO.
        I agree although Merchant can be kind of a prick, I've grown to like the old bastard.

Tunney, how could you not include the all mighty Merchant on the list?

Comment

Merchant went up in my opinion after i saw him "Strong arm" that guy in a video clip!

Comment

Originally posted by abosworth View Post
            I agree although Merchant can be kind of a prick, I've grown to like the old bastard.

Tunney, how could you not include the all mighty Merchant on the list?
            How could I have forgotten one of my favorites?

But he's semi-retired now. Too bad he got old, because his replacement Max Kellerman really sucks.

Comment

But he's semi-retired now. Too bad he got old, because his replacement Max Kellerman really sucks.
              Kellerman knows his stuff, but I don't like him any where near as much as Merchant. Why arn't HBO using Larry as much these days? Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                Kellerman knows his stuff, but I don't like him any where near as much as Merchant. Why arn't HBO using Larry as much these days? Anyone know?
                HBO are trying to phase out Merchant and replace him with Kellerman, I think HBO wants a younger look on their broadcast team. What a shame, Merchant is one of my all time favorite commentators.

Comment

I like Lampley a lot........a fight doesn't seem official without him commenting on it.

And Tunney how could you forget Larry Merchant??? i like him too, no holds barred type commentary........he keeps it real no matter what......i like and respect that.

As far as worst........hmmmm, i cant really think of anyone, Lewis is aight, Mannys cool but he contradicts himself a lot during the commentary.......and he pisses me off with that famous line of his "this is exactly how i thought the fight was gonna go Jim"

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                    HBO are trying to phase out Merchant and replace him with Kellerman, I think HBO wants a younger look on their broadcast team. What a shame, Merchant is one of my all time favorite commentators.
                    That makes sense, I kind of hope they get rid of Lampley. He was great, but now he seems to be a fan boy..

Comment

Oh, that's why you left him off? I agree, Kellerman isn't as good as Merchant. He seems to know boxing but when he ****ed up that comment in the Calzaghe fight (he said Eubank knocked him down or something) that pissed me off.

Comment

Working...
                      X