No announcement yet.

Who is the best boxing commentator?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
    I can't believe some of the **** Setanta say! After Jonothan Banks fight against Rossito Bunce was like

"If he's got 19KOs then there have to be some absolute BUMS on the US Cruiserweight Scene" and stuff like that. I laughed my ass off.
    I would expect Bunce to say something like that.Afterall he did say the current American heavyweights are cowards just to discredit Klitschko.

Comment

That makes sense, I kind of hope they get rid of Lampley. He was great, but now he seems to be a fan boy..
      I don't think there's anyone out there good enough to replace Lampley right now, even though he can be biased sometimes, his commentary is great to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by abosworth View Post
        Oh, that's why you left him off? I agree, Kellerman isn't as good as Merchant. He seems to know boxing but when he ****ed up that comment in the Calzaghe fight (he said Eubank knocked him down or something) that pissed me off.
        Yeah when he said that I was like WTF. He said he got dropped....I was thinking...No...Eubank was dropped early

The only good line I ever heard him say was "A superfight has broken out inside, this superfight". On Calzaghe-Kessler.

Comment

Kellerman is still learning his trade, he was an in studio analyst at ESPN meaning he didn't call fights at ringside and only added a comment here and there during the fight and recap the fight in studio, it's a whole new thing for him.

Comment

I gotta say it i hate listening to yank commentators !
            They talk over each other constantly ! they are a joke !

Comment

Originally posted by garryd View Post
              I gotta say it i hate listening to yank commentators !
              They talk over each other constantly ! they are a joke !
              Are you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by ALT-Assassin View Post
                I would expect Bunce to say something like that.Afterall he did say the current American heavyweights are cowards just to discredit Klitschko.
                I don't think it was to discredit Wlad. I think eh was just pissed off at how he just gave up, where fighters used to have to go through hell to even get a shot at a title. He got one and just gave up part way through.

Comment

Originally posted by ALT-Assassin View Post
                  Are you serious?
                  yeah i am !

Comment

Richie Woodhall!

Comment

I don't think it was to discredit Wlad. I think eh was just pissed off at how he just gave up, where fighters used to have to go through hell to even get a shot at a title. He got one and just gave up part way through.
                      He didn't give up.He got frustrated becasue Klitchscko took away his gameplan.He was knocked out.Giving up is pulling a Charlie Zelenoff.

Comment

Working...
                      X