Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since the Chinese are going PRO already will it Tarnish boxing or give it more light?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macman View Post
    China is a one party state ruled by the communist party, but it no longer has a communist economic system & the political administration is much different.

Boxer's are allowed to turn pro & travel, but up until recently the chinese haven't been that interested.

This is likely to change big time with the two gold medals, & you can expect the chinese to take to boxing in a pretty big way over the next few years, although it will take some time for them to organise into the pro game.

The more competition the better as far as I'm concerned, & China's a hell of a market to expand into.
    the chinese are smart they see how wide open boxing is and how huge and big money they can make in Asia.
    This boxing will be apperciated among the billion chinese because they already bootleg the big ppvs on sopcast lol

like 60 million chinese watched pacman vs morales 3 on illegal streams lol

Comment

Originally posted by detluv View Post
      i think china is more intrested in basketball then in boxing thanks to yao ming....
      And they are not all that good even there.

China has like 25 million semi-registered soccer players and over a million fully registered players. They have yet to beat South Koreans who have like 25000 registered players. In fact Chinese soccer players exceed the entire male population of Korea and Korea is not all that great a soccer power to begin with.

Soccer is a hugely popular sport in China but see how poor Chinese are there.
      There is no reason to believe that Chinese are any more gifted in boxing than in soccer.

Most of Chinese golds came from women and when it came from men, it was in sports like diving, gymnastics, ping pong...

Weightlifting was the only sport that requires manly strength among sports Chinese men managed to get golds from.

Chinese men had (accumulative from the first olympics)

0 gold in judo
      0 gold in wrestling
      0 gold in TKD
      0 gold in boxing until this year's scandals

You are talking about 1/5 of the world population and don't tell me that chinese are not interested in the above since their women racked up quite a few golds.

I sincerely believe in ineptitude of Chinese men in combat sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Domain View Post
        ...like 60 million chinese watched pacman vs morales 3 on illegal streams lol
        So how much money did they get?

It will bring in no money no matter how popular it becomes in China.

Comment

Originally posted by baiyaan View Post
          So how much money did they get?

It will bring in no money no matter how popular it becomes in China.
          they didnt get money becasue they jacked the streams from america for free! Now if it was a Chinese boxer you bett hey gonna make a ton on that.

Comment

they didnt get money becasue they jacked the streams from america for free! Now if it was a Chinese boxer you bett hey gonna make a ton on that.
            I understood, and I was being sarcastic. Did you notice that I highlighted "illegal" with bold typefaces?

No, that won't work. I don't think you really understand the Chinese mentality.
            They won't spend money simply because the fighter is Chinese.

Chinese are very patriotic but they are also very cheap. The latter always wins out when the two are in conflict.

Comment

I understood, and I was being sarcastic. Did you notice that I highlighted "illegal" with bold typefaces?

No, that won't work. I don't think you really understand the Chinese mentality.
              They won't spend money simply because the fighter is Chinese.

Chinese are very patriotic but they are also very cheap. The latter always wins out when the two are in conflict.
              they spent billions for the olympics making those stadiums and that opening ceremony cost upwards to the hundred millions.

Boxing doesnt cost much money! thats why they will jump on that wagon so fast! investing 1 million or a few million will only make them more money with boxing believe it man.

so that is the best for the cheap chinese then lol

Comment

they spent billions for the olympics making those stadiums and that opening ceremony cost upwards to the hundred millions.
                That is a whole different ball game. It is state-sponsored. It has something to do with saving faces for the whole country. However, they don't consider it losing faces if millions of their citizens steal live-streams off the "imperialistic west".

Boxing doesnt cost much money! thats why they will jump on that wagon so fast! investing 1 million or a few million will only make them more money with boxing believe it man.
                Soccer does not cost much money either. In fact soccer is one sport where poor countries like Brazil,Argentina, Nigeria do exceedingly well.

so that is the best for the cheap chinese then lol
                Chinese are cheap but that does not mean that they will be good at sports where they can stay cheap.

As I said, there are 1.4 billion Chinese. AWESOME. But then again they are almost all Chinese. Think about it.

Sure if there are 1.4 billion or even just 100 million Mongols, Kazakhs etc all eyeing toward boxing glory I will be impressed or would **** on my pants if I were a boxer.

But 1.4 BILLION.... chinese.... Nahhhhh

Comment

That is a whole different ball game. It is state-sponsored. It has something to do with saving faces for the whole country. However, they don't consider it losing faces if millions of their citizens steal live-streams off the "imperialistic west".

Soccer does not cost much money either. In fact soccer is one sport where poor countries like Brazil,Argentina, Nigeria do exceedingly well.

Chinese are cheap but that does not mean that they will be good at sports where they can stay cheap.

As I said, there are 1.4 billion Chinese. AWESOME. But then again they are almost all Chinese. Think about it.

Sure if there are 1.4 billion or even just 100 million Mongols, Kazakhs etc all eyeing toward boxing glory I will be impressed or would **** on my pants if I were a boxer.

But 1.4 BILLION.... chinese.... Nahhhhh
                  why do you hate china so much you have this negative attitude towards them like you squashing them before they even try?

Comment

why do you hate china so much you have this negative attitude towards them like you squashing them before they even try?
                    Maybe because I know them too well.

China is the most imperialist-hating imperialistic country.
                    Chinese are the most racist-hating racists.

They are also cheaters who incessantly complain about others' cheating.

It is not even funny when these Mr 1.4 billion whiners whine.

By the way, are you Chinese? You seem very defensive.

Comment

Maybe because I know them too well.

China is the most imperialist-hating imperialistic country.
                      Chinese are the most racist-hating racists.

They are also cheaters who incessantly complain about others' cheating.

It is not even funny when these Mr 1.4 billion whiners whine.

By the way, are you Chinese? You seem very defensive.
                      no I am not chinese but man I enjoy asian culture I am into the marital arts.

And you just seem bitter for some reason with all your negative propaganda towards china.

Comment

Working...
                      X