Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
    Barrera was his first REAL test.

And he failed. He lost every round.
    Well done for proving that you didn't even watch the fight, or that you're so biased that you cannot recognise what's right in front of your eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
      If anything he brought it on his own, claiming the fight for Islam and coming short of saying it was Islam defeating Christianity. He made it a point to fight on one of the holiest of Christian weeks and made a mokery of things when he would pray and chant Allah-Akbar over and over before the fight.

I thought he was decent but he was a clown as a person, disrespected an entire religion and paid for it by recieving an old fashion Mexican ass whoopin.
      What is wrong with fighting at a certain time of year? There is nothing wrong with a ****** fighting during a Christian holy week.

I remember George Foreman praying straight after beating Moorer. I am not at all religious but that was a great moment, did you have a problem with that too? Who cares if a guy prays?

Can you tell me what he said that you saw as disrespectful to Christianity?

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        Someone posted a funny Hamed video earlier this morning and I got annoyed with a few of the posts on that thread. I saw Naseem called everything from JOKE to BUM to HEARTLESS. I wanted to do one of my GREATNESS series threads on Naseem but I wasn't really in the mood this morning......but I'm in the mood now.

NASEEM HAMED 36-1-0 (31 KO's)

WBO Featherweight Champion 1995-2000
        IBF Featherweight Champion 1997
        WBC Featherweight Champion 1999-2000

Please note that Hamed beat every beltholder at 126 in his time , the only reason he didn't hold all those belt and wasn't the undisputed , unified champion was due to WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO politics.

Let's take a closer look at this BUM'S resume. Here's a list of his notable wins , his opponents , their record at the time they fought Naseem and all the titles they held.

TKO11 Medina (52-7-0) IBF/WBC/WBO126 Champion
        TKO7 Vazquez (50-7-2) WBA118 , WBA122 , WBA126 Champion
        KO4 Kelley (47-1-2) WBC/WBU126 Champion
        UD12 Soto (54-7-2) WBC126 Champion
        TKO8 Johnson (44-2-2) IBF126 Champion
        TKO4 Sanchez (26-1-0)
        TKO11 Ingle (21-0-0) IBF126 Champion
        UD12 McCullough (22-1-0) WBC118 Champion
        TKO2 Molina (27-0-0)
        TKO8 Robinson (21-9-1) WBO126 Champion
        KO2 Liendo (42-4-3)
        TKO6 Cruz (44-6-6)
        KO2 Perez (37-12-2) IBF115 Champion
        KO4 Castro (43-17-3)
        TKO4 Bungu (37-2-0) IBF122 Champion

Not bad for a HEARTLESS JOKE of a fighter. But then again he's still a BUM because his ONE loss was to Hall Of Famer Marco Antonio Barrera right? Because not too many guys lost to Marco......
        I completely agree with you once again. I was disappointed he allowed the loss to take him out of boxing, but he definitely wasn't a bum. One of my favorite fighters ever, highly entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogler View Post
          how can anyone say hamed was on the decline when he fought barrera. he's only 27 that time for christ's sake. is that the new past his prime age now? it was 30 for morales as pachaters would like to say always and that's already a low number, ppl are fighting till 34 and winning great fights.
          Mike Tyson, Aaron Pryor, Wilfredo Benitez etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            Well done for proving that you didn't even watch the fight, or that you're so biased that you cannot recognise what's right in front of your eyes.
            I've watched that fight about 20 times. At best, he had round 7. But it was just barely.

Comment

Mike Tyson, Aaron Pryor, Wilfredo Benitez etc.
              losing doesnt mean on the decline. pacman lost early in his career, was he on the decline? these fighters you mentioned fought on till way past hamed's retirement age, even after losing fights. the only problem i had w/ the previous post was saying hamed was on the decline thats why he lost to barrera. maybe he could have gotten a rematch and redeemed himself and prove to us that he was still prime. but he had no heart and he didnt.

Comment

losing doesnt mean on the decline. pacman lost early in his career, was he on the decline? these fighters you mentioned fought on till way past hamed's retirement age, even after losing fights. the only problem i had w/ the previous post was saying hamed was on the decline thats why he lost to barrera. maybe he could have gotten a rematch and redeemed himself and prove to us that he was still prime. but he had no heart and he didnt.
                Where did I say that losing=on the decline? I listed boxers who were on the decline at a young age. Yes, Hamed should be criticised for not trying to avenge his defeat, and for other things as well, but what I'm saying is that it is possible to decline at age 27 or even earlier if you lose your hunger and do not train as well as you should.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
                  I've watched that fight about 20 times. At best, he had round 7. But it was just barely.
                  11-1 at best? Even people who hate Hamed would disagree with that.

Comment

Where did I say that losing=on the decline? I listed boxers who were on the decline at a young age. Yes, Hamed should be criticised for not trying to avenge his defeat, and for other things as well, but what I'm saying is that it is possible to decline at age 27 or even earlier if you lose your hunger and do not train as well as you should.
                    i was reacting to a different post earlier then you replied to me.

Comment

i was reacting to a different post earlier then you replied to me.
                      I am not sure what one you mean, can you quote it please?

Comment

Working...
                      X