Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is the biggest mayweather fan in the history of the boxing scene??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the better thread would have been "Who is the best Mayweather defender" unstead of biggest fan.

After all this is a boxing message board where we debate and not every Floyd apologist is a blind nuthugging cheerleader looking for an autograph like it's the Backstreet Boys.

Some haters however, like to make themselfs feel better by simplifying every Floyd fan's analysis and reducing down to "he is just a nuthugger" because they can't counter their viewpoint effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_prospect View Post
      at least Tye doesnt brag about his numbers. Hell the man doesnt even do PPVs, so good people can view his art on free television. just goes to show what a remarkable and humble human being he is. Pure class
      Ironically, he is the most classiest and the most dangerous boxer at the same time. Nobody can hold a candle to him.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir303 View Post
        actually he is over at another board attacking Cotto's poor drawing power.

In real life, the guy is a accountant and has admitted to liking talking about the economics of boxing.
        There is a difference between attacking his drawing power, and his resume.

Horus attacks his resume. I don't think that is a winnable argument to be honest.

Comment

FloydFanatic, HANDS DOWN

Comment

Dios was a really tough guy to argue against because he would **** from years ago to back up his facts, the stuff he said, hed back it up, as obessive as he was, the guy was good.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              FloydFanatic, HANDS DOWN
              Alts definately don't count.

Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
              Dios was a really tough guy to argue against because he would **** from years ago to back up his facts, the stuff he said, hed back it up, as obessive as he was, the guy was good.
              Agreed.

I did policy debate in high school and college, and I am kind of surprised that he didn't have a background in it, because he knew all of the tricks of effective argumentation that we used.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                There is a difference between attacking his drawing power, and his resume.

Horus attacks his resume. I don't think that is a winnable argument to be honest.
                Depends on how you do it. You just can't be too serious with it.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=167012

Closet Floydboy confesses: Floyd is duckin' Cotto

I have been cured of my disease

I know it's long and I don't expect any response but those of you that helped start my "recovery" will appreciate it and those of you remaining nuthuggger's who still think he isn't "ducking" and scared of Cotto will clearly have no choice but to change your opinion.

So this is for all the people I used to think were Floyd haters and everyone that deserves credit for my overdue admission, here you go

1-I'm really Floyd's #1 fan. Despite the fact that I have claimed that I'm not part of the Lifestyle flashy/Floydboyz/nuthugger crowd.....I have now come to terms with my problem. After having been told numerous/countless times that I am just a 12 year old floydboy, I have now come to terms that I do have the mentality of a 12 year old. It all makes sense now, with my childlike mentality I couldn't have possibly been right on anything, with my views and positions toward Money May.

2-I have finally realized the truth about Cotto being ducked and felt I should come clean in this way. It was the overwhelming evidence of one argument that brought about my moment of clarity! Here it is with full disclosure:

Miguel Cotto has taken the much tougher fights at WW by far and as a result of his "stunning" ko's and wins, deserves to be considered the "real" WW champion! Mayweather has simply been fighting a parade of blown up fighters.

Just look:

Cotto TKO 5 Quintana:

Look at all those fools who thought this guy was a set-up for his first WW fight so Cotto could grab a quick WW belt! Carlos just beat the most feared of all the true WW's in Williams and reading too much of his own press is no excuse! His amateur background should have prepared him. Look who's laughing now!

Cotto TKO11 Oktay Urkal:

Now this guy had been ripping up the WW division and fiercely! So clearly he wasn't a "blown-up" JWW by the standard mentioned earlier! Just look at his record on boxrec and you can clearly see that he was a True/Real WW his entire career. In the last two fights before Cotto he clearly earned and secured his mandatory shot. He only took 3 rounds to TKO the 1-9 Robert Cristea after pounding out a 77-75 decision against the 2-4-1 Andrei Rimer!

Cotto TKO11 Zab Judah:

This one's a little confusing but if you follow carefully you will realize it makes perfect sense! When Judah fought Cotto (Judah at his best) he wasn't a blown up JWW, he was the former champion. Forget what Tsyzu did at 140, Cotto's was more "stunning". After all, the fact that Judah hadn't really fought in 17 months since losing to Baldomir and Floyd proves that he had grown into the weight better. When he fought Mayweather(clearly not at his best),he was still adjusting to the move from JWW and had just lost to Baldo. Confusing I know but if you look at it from a pro-Cotto position it makes perfect sense!

Cotto UD12 Mosley

Most convincing case of all! Be patient here too. This is by far more impressive than anything PBF has EVER done!

First, you can't compare Mosley at 147 to Oscar at 154. Oscar is a blown up SFW who has been parading as a JMW for 6 years while Shane isn't. Mosley was originally a LW, big difference, and was only JMW for 4yrs.,even bigger diff!

Second, SM's win over Collazo in his first WW fight in four years immediately establishes him as the only legit challenger at 147. After all, it was the same Collazo that fought for the WBA title that Cotto now holds, against Hatton who vacated it!

Third, it doesn't even matter that Mosley's 2 most notable wins are against the very same Oscar in close fights. Cotto beating Shane is just far better and the fact he was JMW 2 less years, proves he was more of a real WW than Oscar.

Finally, Mayweather beats blown up JFW Oscar-bad. Mosley beats 6 div champ version of Oscar-good. That makes Cotto's win more impressive cause Shane beat Oscar while Floyd, a true career WW, was tryin to disguise himself as a SFW,LW,SLW to avoid comp and collect titles, etc.

As for Floyd's resume?

11 years of bein a 5 div, 6 title beeyatch! Just look at the sissies on this list: T.Pep, G.Hernandez, V.Sosa, Manfreddy, Rios, Jukko, Gerena, G.Vargas, J.Chavez, C.Hernandez, Corrales, Castillo, Gatti, Mitchell, Judah (not at his best until he fought Cotto), ODLH,N'dou, Corley, Hatton, Baldo.

Talk about under achievement! Those opponents have a weak ass total of more than 30 major belts between them! He clearly was ducking the best in all div from the start!

And let's not forget about the heroes that saved us from more of Floyd like Tsyzu, Hatton and Cotto himself at 140. Thank God they saw through his pathetic attempts at validation and decided not to take his offers!

After 11+yrs, 6 phony titles in 5 no-talent div and consensus p4p best, now he has the nerve to secure his families future for generations and tell Cotto he has to wait? What a total fraud!

Cotto deserves a break with Gomez! He's earned it! Mayweather on the other hand shouldn't be excused for anything! Where's the nobility in what he does? Who cares if Cotto lists Oscar first on his list of "all the big names"? That is totally different! So what if he told Margarito to get in line after he beat Mosley?

It's all so clear now! Never mind that linear champ nonsense! Thank you guys for helping me see the light and come to terms with my problem! I can now state emphatically that the first and only real, true WW champion since Felix Trinidad is Miguel Angel Cotto!
                Last edited by Vladimir303; 05-08-2008, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  DLT is without question the biggest nut hugger ever.
                  Winner Winner chicken dinner!

Horus comes in a close second. I guess Dios would be 3rd, but I see him being a lot more realistic about the whole situation and guy always proved his points.

DLT could write ****ing books about Floyd though...man.

Comment

^^^^^

I thought that was clever...

Still though, to imply that he is not clearly in the lead for possible opponents is insane.

Horus is saying that he needs to beat Margarito, the winner of the vacant IBF title fight (Margarito has to vacate it to fight Cotto), and a rematch with Carlos Quintana, in order to unify the division to get a shot at Mayweather.

Also, not a winnable argument IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                      Winner Winner chicken dinner!

Horus comes in a close second. I guess Dios would be 3rd, but I see him being a lot more realistic about the whole situation and guy always proved his points.

DLT could write ****ing books about Floyd though...man.
                      Wtf, why have I never noticed this if it is true?

OH WAIT! He's the guy who doesn't understand paragraphs, right? He just writes one giant block of text, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X