Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take that Cujo... stay in the basement where you belong.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      His head looks like a beetroot, this is getting a bit painful to watch.

i'm very glad they stopped it

pavlik was going rounds with him. clear as day. he was getting in the rounds. he would have probably gone ten. that's a lot of punches.

great stoppage.

could have been sooner

Comment

• Thank god for that.

Good performance from Pavlik, nice work on the inside.

Huge props to Sigmon that dude is tough as nails.

Too tough for his own good!

Comment

• I hope Pavlik-Bute is next

Comment

• LMAO! Who was that that jumped in front of the camera? Did Garcia call him a dumbass?

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              You went to tech? Very nice, I'm over at ODU... pretty sure I've told you before. Our sports here suck... I think the two biggest we got is basketball (although not that great) and wrestling. That'd be awesome though if colleges started having boxing clubs or teams.
              Yeah, Tech was really good about clubs, real heavy on it. All you had to do was propose a club and say how it would benefit members and they would hook it up.

I was in a beer brewing club, they had a skydiving club, hiking club, fishing club, running club, boxing club, etc.

For sports, they had everything....there were like 28,000 students when I was there....now there are more than that, more than likely over 30,000.

Comment

• Pavlik should have at least 2 more come back fights before going in there with a Chavez or Martinez.

Comment

• Not impressed with Pavlik tonight.

Ward, Froch, Dirrell, Bute, Bika, Rodriguez all beat him.

I think he has a good chance to beat Abraham and Johnson.

Pavlik will stay fighting guys out of the top 10 probably, until he can really show he's ready for the top guys. Let's face it, Pavlik couldn't knock this guy out like he use to knock other fighters out at 160. It was a stoppage, but not a really impressive stoppage over an overmatched journeyman.

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingWords View Post
                    Pavlik should have at least 2 more come back fights before going in there with a Chavez or Martinez.
                    Pavlik is a Super Middleweight. Chavez and Martinez are Middleweights.

Comment

• Originally posted by sigrab View Post
                      Yup.

Then Teddy Atlas should call NBA games alongside Marv Albert.
                      Excellent idea

Comment

Working...
                      X