No announcement yet.

Juan Diaz signs with Golden Boy Promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xcaret View Post
    Cause hes a dirty ass fighter and a **** talker and i cant ****ing wait til Juan Diaz whoops his old ass..
    Why do you always have excuses?? Yes the cut was bothering him. Why?? Cuz he was getting bombed there. Every fighter knows when you get a cut you protect that side like theres no tomorow so ref dont stop the fight. Diaz failed to protect his eye opting to trade on the inside even when the cut was bothering him. So the asswhooping he was handed was perfectly valid. Anymore excuses??

Comment

Originally posted by R.I.P. Corrales View Post
      What did he say in 2006?
      I remember it because it was such a shock. The word around boxing was that Juan Diaz was leaving Main Events for Golden Boy Promotions. I showed up at Gallagher's Steakhouse for a Don King press conference to announce Shannon Briggs-Sergei Lyakhovich. Out of nowhere, there is Juan Diaz with Don King announcing the promotional deal. I was like WTF. It reminds me of how Bob Arum took Manny Pacquiao from under GBP's nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
        I remember it because it was such a shock. The word around boxing was that Juan Diaz was leaving Main Events for Golden Boy Promotions. I showed up at Gallagher's Steakhouse for a Don King press conference to announce Shannon Briggs-Sergei Lyakhovich. Out of nowhere, there is Juan Diaz with Don King announcing the promotional deal. I was like WTF. It reminds me of how Bob Arum took Manny Pacquiao from under GBP's nose.

I remember about Diaz said he will go with GBP then read in another site that he signed with Don King.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
          What are you cheering about?? You do know that if Casamayor fights Diaz instead of Marquez this year then Marquez is never getting his rematch with Pacquiao right? Lol

who cares? the world is not centered around pacman and marquez

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret View Post
            are you ******ed? oh wait yes you are.. Juan Diaz was winning the earlier rounds up until the cut started bothering him,, it was ****ing obvious he couldnt fight the same from there on.. Cambell headbutted him in the first round, that dirty ass fighter will get his ass beat in a rematch..

YOU DO HAVE A POINT THERE. I had juan winning before the cut happened, but you gotta give campbell credit for causing the cut a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Actually, Top Rank is much better at promoting and building their Mexican talent. They don't wait for HBO or Showtime, they put on their own ppv shows to give their fighters exposure.
              yeah but look where top rank is taking chavez jr......down the drain the guy has almost 40 fights and yet it seems like no one knows or cares.......latin fury c'mon that's bull poop

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                LOS ANGELES, March 25 – Truly one of boxing’s young superstars, former world lightweight champion Juan Diaz (33-1, 17 KO's) has thrilled fight fans for years with his aggressive style and willingness to take on all challengers. Now, as Diaz gears up for his second run at a world title, he has enlisted Golden Boy Promotions to lead him to the biggest fights possible in the coming years.

“I’m excited to be on the Golden Boy Promotions roster and I can’t wait to get back in the ring with Oscar and his team behind me,” said the 24-year-old “Baby Bull”. [details]
                I cant see him beating the best guys out there but who knows. At least hell go out being payed big now that hes in with Golden Boy.

Comment

Juan desreves a chance to reestablish himself and make some cake doin it. It mighta been just a matter of time before his problems wit Don King ended up draggin him down. He got whomped by Campbell but he ain't done. I'm sure Juan will be back in the title hunt at 135 within his next fight or 2. Golden Boy and all their HBO stroke should make sure of that.

Comment

Reguardless of who he fights for, the most important thing is that he can get back to his original ways.

No standing infront of guys, remember to dip to each side and stay active, find that hunger again that had him elusive and active for his fights. Take that rest, postpone the school thing, and snap back into the fight game.

I hope he realizes the reason he lost is because he took alot of shots. He didn't bother dipping under punches or bother stepping to the left or right. He just stood there eatin every last thing nate threw at him for the most part. I mean if he goes back and watches tapes. I think he'll find a few fighters he faced that had faster hands then Nate. It's just just he didn't move this time. He had no jab either. Watch the tapes, and get lively again, and I'd take him in the rematch over Nate.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      Actually, Top Rank is much better at promoting and building their Mexican talent. They don't wait for HBO or Showtime, they put on their own ppv shows to give their fighters exposure.
                      good post they also dont turn their back on fighters look at margarito he ****ed up and top rank its giving him a new chance against cintron they also protect their prospects a lot look at the chavez bros
                      still quality should prevail and sucess its a guarantee for diaz the guy is young and if golden boy manages him right they might get the next jose luis castillo

Comment

Working...
                      X