No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik would absolutely **** Andy Lee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickey gomez View Post
    Ok well the title of this thread is that Pavlik would "absolutley **** Lee" but you said so you're telling me Lee couldnt hold his own with Pavlik now but in 2 years he could beat him? Wow that's a massive jump in performance in just 2 years.

Fact of the matter it is too early for Lee to fight Pavlik, but by no means does that mean he couldn't beat Pavlik right now. So pavlik works hard and throws a lot of punches, Lee is a more techincally skilled fighter. He's a technician, Pavlik is not.

Ok I'm patient enough to wait for the fight to happen, until it does everyone is entitled to their opionion however bad it is.
    first of all, i didnt make the thread title.

2nd of all, Pavlik is definetly more technically sound then Lee is at this point IMO. Its pretty clear to me. Maybe its because Pavlik has gotten to show all his facets, while Lee's no hoper opponents having been able to show us much, but Pavlik has obviously shown us more even if its just because he's been around a long time.

Lee is open for anything up the middle and he is tall and lanky and would appear to be very easy to hit if he was going backwards.

I STILL cannot believe that people that get it into there heads that Pavlik isnt just this come forward Brawler. Did he show you by outjabbing and outboxing Taylor that his game has other facets?

Pavliks defense is most definetly better then Lees, his jab is stronger and longer, he hits harder, has a better chin, has a much greater variety of punches, is a much better finisher. All Lee has is a Handspeed advantage... and an age advantage i guess lol.

It would absolutely be terrible upsetting to see Lee get blown out in a few rounds by Pavlik, even to me and im a huge Pavlik fan.

But in 2 years? thats not a big jump at all. In 2 years you can get all the experience you need. You can prove yourself against quality opponents and you be tested and pass those tests.

If Lee is what they say he is, he will be ready in at least 2 years to face a championshop caliber fighter, and who knows, maybe he could beat a guy like Pavlik at that point. its very possible.

But now??? please, its a blowout.

Comment

In my eyes Pavilk is a very good boxer, works very hard and has good fundamentals. I don't see him as a technician. Mayweather is a technician, a surgeon if you will. Lee is of a similar calibre, he is technically great. (And before I get flamed I'm not saying Lee is as good as Floyd, im comparing technical skill)

Comment

Originally posted by mickey gomez View Post
        In my eyes Pavilk is a very good boxer, works very hard and has good fundamentals. I don't see him as a technician. Mayweather is a technician, a surgeon if you will. Lee is of a similar calibre, he is technically great. (And before I get flamed I'm not saying Lee is as good as Floyd, im comparing technical skill)
        i dont think Lee is as good technically as Pavlik is... but again like i said above, its possible that Lee just hasnt gotten to show us all the facets of his game because of all the no-hopers he has faced so far.

Pavlik has showed the ability to effectively fight every kind of fight.

Its way to early in Lee's career to make any statement like that. I wish he would fight Eastman so we can at least judge his abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
          i dont think Lee is as good technically as Pavlik is... but again like i said above, its possible that Lee just hasnt gotten to show us all the facets of his game because of all the no-hopers he has faced so far.

Pavlik has showed the ability to effectively fight every kind of fight.

Its way to early in Lee's career to make any statement like that. I wish he would fight Eastman so we can at least judge his abilities.
          We'll definitely see what he's got if he fights Winky.

I just don't see anything he has in his arsenal right now that would give Pavlik much problems. I agree with all your statements so far.

Comment

Originally posted by silencers98 View Post
            We'll definitely see what he's got if he fights Winky.

I just don't see anything he has in his arsenal right now that would give Pavlik much problems. I agree with all your statements so far.
            Winky is another blowout IMO. I could actually see Lee having some minor success if he fought a very physical fight.

BUt if its a chess match? Winky wins every second of every round.

Comment

Pavliks defense is most definetly better then Lees, his jab is stronger and longer, he hits harder, has a better chin, has a much greater variety of punches, is a much better finisher. All Lee has is a Handspeed advantage... and an age advantage i guess lol.
              AGE WINS FIGHTS!! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
                Winky is another blowout IMO. I could actually see Lee having some minor success if he fought a very physical fight.

BUt if its a chess match? Winky wins every second of every round.
                My thoughts exactly, Lee gets hit way too much.

Comment

Originally posted by silencers98 View Post
                  My thoughts exactly, Lee gets hit way too much.
                  yup, winky will pepper him all night long, and pavlik will khtfo!

Comment

your right about andy lee getting ****d by pavlik, but you know who has pavliks number and can **** him? Joe Calzaghe would make pavlik look like a complete moron in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X