No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik would absolutely **** Andy Lee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RageX View Post
    Abraham couldn't beat Miranda or Eastman convincingly what makes you think he beats Pavlik? I think Abraham can last the distance though because of his defense and good chin. Something like 117-111 or 116-112 for Pavlik based on workrate alone.
    eastman fight was like 3 years ago,IMO he's much better nowdays.
    and he went 12 rounds and won with broken jaw against miranda.he has guts.I like pavlik also,but I have feeling abraham can take him down,I think he's the only one in the division who can do that.and vice versa.
    one thing that I'm worried about is pavliks huge height advantage.
    but it will sure be a great fight when that happens

Comment

Originally posted by mickey gomez View Post
      Ok Steward is being a pain in the ass about all of this but the main reason his camp are talking about fighting Pavlik now is because Andy will not spend too long at middleweight. He has a long career ahead of him, Taylor knocked Pavlik down twice, Andy has sparred with Taylor and people in the Kronk gym regard Andy as more accurate and a stronger puncher.

I understand everyone's animosity towards the confidence coming from the Lee camp, but the reason they are so confident is because of what they have seen Andy do in sparring against guys like Klitschko.

Steward should zip his mouth for a bit, in fairness Andy hasn't made these bold claims. They need to wait for their shot against Pavlik and let his performance speak for itself.

Excellent post, except for the part about Steward zipping his mouth. He's throwing his guy's name out there. After another year and a few better fights he'll be on HBO.

Lee is a scientific, attack-oriented fighter. He doesn't need to throw too many punches because he picks his opening so beautifully. He has experience with Taylor, Banks, even Wlad. He's ready.

I'd pick Lee to decision Pavlik, Abraham to knock Pavlik out.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
        Excellent post, except for the part about Steward zipping his mouth. He's throwing his guy's name out there. After another year and a few better fights he'll be on HBO.

Lee is a scientific, attack-oriented fighter. He doesn't need to throw too many punches because he picks his opening so beautifully. He has experience with Taylor, Banks, even Wlad. He's ready.

I'd pick Lee to decision Pavlik, Abraham to knock Pavlik out.
        First of all, taylor only knocked Pavlik down once, the other guy said twice. And it was only cause he got caught on the temple. Pavlik rarely ate a flush shot after that. Maybe, and im not exaggerating here, 4 or 5 good shots landed on Pavlik after the 2nd round.

And Lee and Abraham are both no where CLOSE to Pavliks level of ability, its almost funny that people believe this. Had steward never said a thing, people would never thing these things.

Now, could Lee beat Pavlik 1 or 2 years from now??? Its very possible. We'll see how he comes along. He sure seems like an excellent prospect.

But Lee just isnt on that level right now. I emailed Graham Houston, the fight writer, this question a couple days ago. Graham Houston is an oddsmaker and writer and has a website, fightwriter.com.

Anyway, Graham said that Lee would come in at a -600 underdog at the least, and he see's very little hope for Lee if they were to get into the ring today.

I asked him about Abraham, but he hasn't gotten back to met yet, and i dont think he is gonna either. But thats a fight that the more i look at it, the better chance i do give Abraham.

But id still have Pavlik a clear 2-1 favorite. Abraham might look strong early, but he goes into his shell to often and i think after Pavlik does some good body work early, he's just gonna have Abraham eating shots all night. In the late rounds, i think Abraham is gonna have a punchers chance at best.

But he could definetly stop Pavlik early if he catches him and follows it up with a tremendous barrage.

Comment

[QUOTE=kayjay;3117775]Excellent post, except for the part about Steward zipping his mouth. He's throwing his guy's name out there. After another year and a few better fights he'll be on HBO.

I'd pick Lee to decision Pavlik, Abraham to knock Pavlik out.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO,Lee has not fought let alone beat anyone near the top level to warrant a statement as such, and Abraham barely beat miranda who was deducted 2 points in the fight, and king artie was given a gift ud! i don't think we need to say what happened when miranda fought kelly!

Comment

Abraham has a better chance of beating Pavlik. I dont think Pavlik can stop Abraham based on Arthur's defense, chin and boxing skills. He always has his hands up and is a decent counter puncher.

The thing is Pavlik's workrate will earn him a easy decision against Abraham.

Comment

Originally posted by Melly-Mel View Post

LMFAO,Lee has not fought let alone beat anyone near the top level to warrant a statement as such, and Abraham barely beat miranda who was deducted 2 points in the fight, and king artie was given a gift ud! i don't think we need to say what happened when miranda fought kelly!
              Good post.

Lee has not been in with A SINGLE live opponent yet. Not one guy with a small hope of beating him, yet people are picking him over the champion??? It would be a very good laugh if it wasnt so frustrating.

Lee-Pavlik is a complete mismatch, bring on Pavlik-Abraham in December or something in Clevland Browns Stadium!!!!

Comment

Ive only seen Lee highlights but logic tells me its too early.

He just needs more fights. He's too young......how many times has this happend?

A young guy who has immense potential gets forgoten after taking a bad fight too early in his career.

I dont even care if its a 100% win for Lee, its just not the right time.

Comment

No doubt about it IMO, Lee would get knocked out by Pavlik in about 6 rounds.

Comment

Ok well the title of this thread is that Pavlik would "absolutley **** Lee" but you said
                    Now, could Lee beat Pavlik 1 or 2 years from now??? Its very possible. We'll see how he comes along. He sure seems like an excellent prospect.
                    so you're telling me Lee couldnt hold his own with Pavlik now but in 2 years he could beat him? Wow that's a massive jump in performance in just 2 years.

Fact of the matter it is too early for Lee to fight Pavlik, but by no means does that mean he couldn't beat Pavlik right now. So pavlik works hard and throws a lot of punches, Lee is a more techincally skilled fighter. He's a technician, Pavlik is not.

Ok I'm patient enough to wait for the fight to happen, until it does everyone is entitled to their opionion however bad it is.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey gomez View Post
                      Ok well the title of this thread is that Pavlik would "absolutley **** Lee" but you said so you're telling me Lee couldnt hold his own with Pavlik now but in 2 years he could beat him? Wow that's a massive jump in performance in just 2 years.

Fact of the matter it is too early for Lee to fight Pavlik, but by no means does that mean he couldn't beat Pavlik right now. So pavlik works hard and throws a lot of punches, Lee is a more techincally skilled fighter. He's a technician, Pavlik is not.

Ok I'm patient enough to wait for the fight to happen, until it does everyone is entitled to their opionion however bad it is.
                      Pavlik is actually a technician. I havent seen a technical sound fighter for a long time, he isn't fast or anything but he is very technical.

Comment

Working...
                      X