No announcement yet.

Amir Khan: "I want to take after Hopkins"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
    yes, he beat Lakva Sim for the championship, not amazing IMO. but I'm not knocking Diaz cuz I do like him, I'm just saying that Khan could easily beat Sim even 2 years ago. why is it that he is being knocked for calling out big fights when others are criticized for avoiding them.

Lets keep in mind that his managment is known to protect fighters until they have over blown records, so he is going against the grain and not taking the advise of his managment by taking these risque fights early in his career. I totally respect him for that and still fail to see the problem. if he is still fighting these types of fighters 3 years from now, than I will knock him, but as of now he is doing more than he has to for his age.
    Like him or not, Sim was a 2 weight world champ at the time and much better than anyone Khan has faced so far, so to say Amir beats him easily is pure speculation.

Comment

Khan is young and has an excuse for fighting small guys.
      Hopkins however.... made a career out of beating small men.
      Then escalated to losing to (Taylor who got spanked by green Pavlik) & beating bigger men(A tired inactive never that good Tarver).
      No matter what any argument says...Borehard NEVER beat a "LEGEND" his own size.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        You got me. :wank:
        Suck out you fool. You don't know ****.

Comment

Originally posted by gavinz1970 View Post
          Like him or not, Sim was a 2 weight world champ at the time and much better than anyone Khan has faced so far, so to say Amir beats him easily is pure speculation.
          you're telling me Sim beats St.Clair or Graham? don't overrate Sim cuz you are in love with Diaz. I like Diaz way more than Khan but at the same point in their careers, I would have to give it to Khan in skills, abilities and level of opponents.
          Last edited by -Swizzy-; 02-05-2008, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BenL View Post
            Suck out you fool. You don't know ****.
            To quote Clinton Woods: "Eh up, where's your t'manners?"

Comment

Pretty funny thread. I think people hate Khan for getting alot more exposure than people who deserve it for the hard work they put in. Khan is being groomed to be one of the biggest faces in boxing and I for one am excitedat what's in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by moin126 View Post
                Juan would crush amirs skull.
                He sure would and I'd love every second.

Comment

Originally posted by Radical Rat View Post
                  He sure would and I'd love every second.
                  I really don't get it, why would you love every second? have you seen khan fight? do you not like super human skill? other than mayweather and roy jones, I don't know if anyone has khan's hand speed.

corrales vs st.clair
                  118-109
                  116-113
                  117-111

khan vs st.clair
                  120-108
                  120-108
                  120-108
                  perfect.
                  Last edited by -Swizzy-; 02-06-2008, 01:18 AM.

Comment

you're telling me Sim beats St.Clair or Graham? don't overrate Sim cuz you are in love with Diaz. I like Diaz way more than Khan but at the same point in their careers, I would have to give it to Khan in skills, abilities and level of opponents.
                    A 5'4", 33 year old St. Clair who had lost 2 of his last 3 fights (the win coming against a 18-31-4 clubfighter coming off 5 losses in a row,) and a 5'5" Graham Earl (who has never won a major world title) coming off a loss, are you kidding me?

Repeat, at Khan's age, Juan Diaz already had a major world title, which he won while also attending college.

I really don't get it, why would you love every second? have you seen khan fight? do you not like super human skill? other than mayweather and roy jones, I don't know if anyone has khan's hand speed.
                    Did you just accuse me of being in love with a fighter?

Mayweather and Jones don't have the two fastest hand speeds in boxing right now.

Comment

corrales vs st.clair
                      118-109
                      116-113
                      117-111

khan vs st.clair
                      120-108
                      120-108
                      120-108
                      perfect.
                      Wow, so by your logic, Tarver is greater than Toney and Hopkins. You know, cuz Tarver beat Roy Jones Jr, eh, and like Toney and Hopkins, like, didn't and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X