Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Minter: "no black man will take my title"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isis needs to get some white ***** so he can forget the whole black power bit.
    Last edited by Chairman L-mao; 02-01-2008, 11:56 AM.

Comment

September 27 1980 is not a date that Alan Minter will forget, for it was the day he lost his world middleweight title. Before the fight Minter said: "I don't want to lose my title to a black man". Unfortunately for the Englishman the black man in question was Marvin Hagler, who destroyed him in three rounds at Wembley Arena. Minter did claim back some credit by condemning the violence after the fight when fans, including members of the National Front, pelted Hagler with bottles, leaving him stuck in the ring for 20 minutes.

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/1-20-2003-33965.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney5 View Post
        People are still bitching and moaning about what Minter said after 20 years!

But Hopkins racist remarks will be forgotton soon after Calzaghe defeats him,
        So was Minter a racist since you're calling Hopkins one?

Come on man, when are you going to realize that they didnt mean that ****. Good promotion for a fight, thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Lewis Jr View Post
          So was a racist comment made by Minter then since you want to call Hopkins a racist?

Come on man, when are you going to realize that they didnt mean that ****. Good promotion for a fight thats all.
          It's not good promotion, for one.

And Hopkins clearly said it out of anger. He shouldn't have retracted if it were just "promotion."

Comment

it's all bull****! people need to stop being so sensitive, and grow some thicker skin! this country has become to weak and these are prime examples of how a little bull**** thing is used as a crutch for whining, and a finger pointing platform far too often. it is a huge waste of energy that could be used in a far more productive manner! i mean what the **** are all these cry baby bitches gonna do if some real bad **** happens? ie. we are invaded and pushed to the limit by force, or huge tradgedy? u gonna cry foul or run and hide? or are you gonna man the **** up, and fight for whats yours and what u believe in? actions always have, and always will speak louder than words. so let the fighters say what they want, and prove it in the ring! people that can't handle a little bull**** comment make me fear for the future!
            Last edited by MELLY-MEL...; 02-01-2008, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chairman L-mao View Post
              Now don't YOU get talking ****
              I'm not. I'm just really interested on how some feel about this. Trust me I will never disrespect one's race. Never have, never will. I've read some file stuff yesterday in a thread about Hopkins. I just want to hear some replies because plenty of people were saying "what if the shoe was on the other foot".
              Last edited by Ray Ray; 02-01-2008, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Lewis Jr View Post
                I'm not. I just really interested on how some feel about this. Trust me I will never disrespect one's race. Never have, never will. I've read some file stuff yesterday in a thread about Hopkins. I just want to hear some replies because plenty of people were saying "what if the shoe was on the other foot".
                I know you don't say anything racist. But you have to realize that racism is racism. There are no privileged sides in it. It's better never to go where Hopkins went, but once he does, all is fair. If you take the same attitude towards all cases, then you're a big man. So if you see a white guy call a black man the n-word, you should react the same as when you watched Hopkins's comments. If that answer is, "this is best ignored," then I agree. They are the same cases.

And there's no need for a hypothetical "what if . . ." We all know how to answer those.

Btw. the starter of this thread is as consistently racist as Wlad Owns. That's not a lie. Do you recognize it when it happens from all sides? If you're really "interested," you will

Comment

And Hopkins clearly said it out of anger. He shouldn't have retracted if it were just "promotion."
                  Well I dont know what Hopkins intent was to be honest. The reason I said it was for promotional reasons was because of the whole Winky right altercation. They both clearly stated that the staged a fight(at the weight-in) to sell more tickets. So I assumed he did the same to Calzghe but you may have a point. I guese its all on how you took right?

Comment

Forget racism, Im more alarmed at the way people act in general towards each other these days, no respect, rude, ME FIRST, greedy, its annoying also many seem to think they should be famous millionares so at work they do a ****ty job and dont give a crap. Its depressing.

Comment

Was Hopkins throwing the Puerto Rican flag on the floor just anger?
                      Was Hopkins pushing Winky at the weigh in just anger?
                      Was Hopkins talking trash about every single opponent of his just anger?

There is a clear pattern here. This is what Hopkins does, no one says Mayorga is a racist even though he calls his opponents all kinds of names because they know he is a trashtalker.

Simple hype.

Even Calzaghe is playing along with it by saying 'I will be all white when we fight' and 'this white boy is going to k*** his ass'.

Yeah, it's pretty sad that race is still used to promote fights but it's even sadder when people react to it just in the way the promoters want them to.

Just look at the race wars even in this forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X