No announcement yet.

Am i the only one who thinks Rubin Carter is a Murderer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
    I just don't understand Carters Motive for killing those people, that's why I think he didn't commit the Murders.
    an article on the motive

http://members.shaw.ca/cartermyths/cartermotive.htm

Comment

Originally posted by boxingknight View Post
      He is a murderer, isn't it cool. And he used the I am black and that you cops are racist argument. You know white ppl can't use that excuse because it doesn't work for whites.
      Well turd,why do you think that is,if it is true?

Could it be because over the years countless blacks HAVE been railroaded by racist, pig cops????

I don't really have an opinion on guilt or innocence...but a frame by racist cops is just as possible as his guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
        Yes he is. Good fighter, he was inducted to the hall of fame.

http://www.ibhof.com/benton.htm

EDIT: SLOW
        damn man George Benton looked a damn good fighter ,great Technique for the time nice shoulder rolls ,im impressed

i thought most fighters in that day & age were like Graciano ,Marciano,hardly any Techincal ability besides Robinson ,Ali

Comment

Hell yes he was guilty he should get put back in

Comment

I don't know the details. I only know what the movie put out there. In those times, I wouldn't totally count out racism as a factor. I can't say if he is guilty or not but from some of the previous post, race still is a factor. He is black so without a doubt, he did it. PLEASE.

Comment

Originally posted by divad View Post
              damn man George Benton looked a damn good fighter ,great Technique for the time nice shoulder rolls ,im impressed

i thought most fighters in that day & age were like Graciano ,Marciano,hardly any Techincal ability besides Robinson ,Ali
              There were some good technical fighters back in the mid-1900's like Ezzard Charles, Charley Burley, Archie Moore, Jersey Joe Walcott and Emile Griffith. Many others too.

Then there were tough guys like Lamotta, Graziano, Marciano, Fullmer and Rubin Carter.

The classic match-up between technique and toughness.

Jersey Joe Walcott humiliates Marciano for 13 rounds then gets knocked out with one punch. Respect to Rocky for not quitting after that first round.

Robinson KO's the seemingly unstoppable Gene Fullmer with one nice left hook.

Robinson KO's Rocky Graziano after being dropped in the same round.

Archie Moore gets dropped 3 times by Yvon Durelle in the first round but weathers the storm and KO's Durelle in the 11th round. Moore was 42 or older in this fight, amazing.
              Last edited by TheGreatA; 01-28-2008, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tennmartin View Post
                I don't know the details. I only know what the movie put out there. In those times, I wouldn't totally count out racism as a factor. I can't say if he is guilty or not but from some of the previous post, race still is a factor. He is black so without a doubt, he did it. PLEASE.

i suggest u visit this site a polish up then cause Carter was not a victim of racist coppers

http://www.graphicwitness.com/carter/index.html

Comment

[QUOTE=TheManchine;3086097]There were some good technical fighters back in the mid-1900's like Ezzard Charles, Charley Burley, Archie Moore, Jersey Joe Walcott and Emile Griffith. Many others too.

Then there were tough guys like Lamotta, Graziano, Marciano, Fullmer and Rubin Carter.

The classic match-up between technique and toughness.

yeah i can remember Walcott,Moore were good technically ,bit im not to up on some of the other fighters i must admit

Comment

Originally posted by DURAN_IS_GOD View Post
                    i have done no such research and have only seen the film. just shows you how hollywood can twist things really, if you were to watch the film you'd be left with the impression carter was innocent without question.

I'm not sure about the actual crime, but that film also gave the impression that Carter was robbed in a title fight against Giardello. And that is total bull****.

Comment

I have a buddy who swears that Carter did the murders. I really don't know much about the whole thing though. I realize now that this wasn't very helpful

Comment

Working...
                      X