No announcement yet.

It Could Be a Super Fight, But These Are Not Super Middleweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cabannaro View Post
    Author calls the SMW a bastard weight class, actually he is a bastard himself. When I hear that European bums accomodate there to avoid honoured americans (brave, and free etc.), it just reminds me about Benn-McClellan and Benn-Barkley. Both absolutely destroyed.

Such articles are just SOOOOOO ridiculous.

Who the hell Hopkins fought in 'TRUE' middleweight division in 1995-2000? Absolutely no one (unless you take Glenn 'Construction worker' Johnson seriousely). Then he defeated two WELTERS and capitalised his legacy as MIDDLEWEIGHT :lol: Why the hell MW is more legitimate than SMW if legacy is based on wins over WELTERS?

Who the hell RJJ fought in 'TRUE' LHW division? Mike 'OLD' McCallum, Virgil 'Coming out of a loss' Hill and plenty of ABSOLUTE bums

It can be reasonabely argued that these american icons were avoiding Benn, Eubank, and, of course, some other good american fighters like Nunn and Liles.
    I do take Glenn Johnson seriously.

Comment

I’m not sure why supermiddleweight was created, except maybe to accomodate lazy old middleweights a bit of turf, or to give Europeans a chance not to compete against the Haglers

couldnt be ****ed reading it after this quote.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBAD23 View Post
        I agree with this writter,Kessler and Calzaghe are far from being in the league of a Hagler or Sugar Ray Leonard way too far,Just soo far away.
        How many Great True Middleweights (not inflated lightweights and welterweights) did Hagler beat?

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
          I do take Glenn Johnson seriously.
          You see SMW Calzaghe, Kessler, Lacy, Benn are underdogs against him?

You may, of course...

Comment

You see SMW Calzaghe, Kessler, Lacy, Benn are underdogs against him?

You may, of course...
            I see Glenn Johnon as one tuff SOB.

Comment

I see Glenn Johnon as one tuff SOB.
              Omar Sheika and Syd Vanderpool then must be tough SOBs too

Not to mention they were defeated by Calzaghe and Lacy

Comment

Omar Sheika and Syd Vanderpool then must be tough SOBs too

Not to mention they were defeated by Calzaghe and Lacy
                Are we talking about the same Glen Johnson that whooped up on Roy Jones, Jr.?

Comment

Are we talking about the same Glen Johnson that whooped up on Roy Jones, Jr.?
                  You are asking about Bika and Vanderpool fights ONLY, or Hop fight TOO?

Comment

You are asking about Bika and Vanderpool fights ONLY, or Hop fight TOO?
                    I wasn't asking you about anything. I simply said Glenn Johnson is one tough SOB. Yes he lost decisions to Bika and Vanderpool. So what's your point? B-Hop TKOd him.

Comment

I wasn't asking you about anything. I simply said Glenn Johnson is one tough SOB. Yes he lost decisions to Bika and Vanderpool. So what's your point? B-Hop TKOd him.
                      Anyone who saw the fight wouldn't say unless he is a hypocrite That was one-way beating from the beginning, yep... But nothing more. Glenn wasn't staggered or leaning on the ropes at the time of stoppage. I see nothing special in such TKO win. It was no more exceptional than Calzaghe's win over Lacy. Joe floored his foe at least.

Comment

Working...
                      X