No announcement yet.

After 20 Title Defenses...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcarr71 View Post
    The frustrating thing about Calzaghe is that, barring hand injury, he has at least a good chance to beat everyone from 160-176. There isnt a guy you can look at and say Calzaghe cannot beat this guy. He is quite clearly legitimately good, but he just won't prove it against top guys. I hate Frank Warren, who is the real problem here.
    great post,I agree.

Comment

SMH @ Kessler fighting more champs (at the time, not former titlists) in the last 2 and a half years and Calzaghe in his whole caeer.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
        in terms of judges and referees, there is not even a close comparison between UK and Germany.

Not even close.
        Yeah, I've never seen a UK referee STOP THE COUNT AT NINE so the guy could get up from the knockdown, like the one in Brewster-Krasniqi.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydro View Post
          SMH @ Kessler fighting more champs (at the time, not former titlists) in the last 2 and a half years and Calzaghe in his whole caeer.
          When you put Calzaghe's career in perspective, I just can't see how anyone can respect him. He's a good fighter who could have been a legend if he had taken some real fights...

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
            So you agree his resume is pathetic?
            shut the **** up man......... Seriously........ The most anoying poster here. I usually don't respond to posts, i just enjoy reading them, but you are one ****ed up person and I just wanted you to know that. you start talking **** about non-american fighters the moment you take Floyds **** out of your mouth. So do the rest of us a favor and keep Floyds **** in your mouth and just consentrate on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Williamb45 View Post
              shut the **** up man......... Seriously........ The most anoying poster here. I usually don't respond to posts, i just enjoy reading them, but you are one ****ed up person and I just wanted you to know that. you start talking **** about non-american fighters the moment you take Floyds **** out of your mouth. So do the rest of us a favor and keep Floyds **** in your mouth and just consentrate on that.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
                I don't really give a **** about his resume or him. I just liked his fight with Lacy, even though I lost money on it. I have no real respect for most of todays fighters who don't fight who they are suppose to. I respected taylor for taking on the best, but he is slowly letting me down too. Where are our new Hollifields, Lewises, Oscars, Titos...........

I hate to say it, but it seems like Floyd is the only high profile fighter of the new generation that is taking on the best available opponents lately (with best available < impressive). I just hope he takes on Mosly, Hatton, and Cotto before he "retires". I wouldn't mind seing him in a remach against Zab either.

Comment

Sorry Calzaghe's 20 title defenses is not legit, he won the WBO paper belt and we don't even count that.

Calzaghe's only legit belt came when he won the IBF belt from Lacy and he doesn't even have that anymore because fighting guys like Bika and Manfredo JR.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                    if??????????

there is already a collection of posters which fit your description
                    There is no poster who comes on this board day after day for the main purpose of discrediting PBF. Some people dislike Floyd, you may see a negative post from time to time, but there's no one like $iN with an obsessive need to prove he's really no good. Count the daily threads and posts by $iN, with the same theme day after day. The most important thing in $iN's life seems to be proving British boxers are mediocre!

Comment

All you have to do is look at how many times he has fought away from home in a title defence!!!! He doesnt impress me!!! Him and Hatton were both protected by Frank Warren for years!!! but atleast hatton had the nuts n the smarts to get himself away from Warren and look for fights in Usa!!! Calzaghe needs to fight someone like B hop or Bad chad rather then chase someone like taylor who is lighter then him!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X