No announcement yet.

Are You a Winky Wright Fan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $iN View Post
    Hopkins doesn't tire because he barely throws any punches...
    Because he is resourceful and only throws when he sees an opening..He wont punch himself out trying to break the defense of Winky. Everybody should know that. Hopkins isnt an amateur and is a mastermind at getting fighters to open up for him. It shouldnt be any different against Wright.

Comment

Mayweather doesnt run a lot yall...sometimes he does, like when he throws his hands up and just leaps backwards, he does do that sometimes, but most the time he doesnt run at all. In fact, his style looked a lot like Winky's in the Zab Judah fight. Personally, if Floyd actual continues fighting as he gets older, I dont think he'll be nearly as good, but I think he can continue on decently by modifying his style.

Anyways, I always liked Winky. He doesnt exactly get KOs....but he does actually throw a large number of punches, and dont tell me he doesnt hit hard, because a lot of his opponents would disagree...his style and temperment just dont support a KO kind of guy, especially against top fighters.
      ________
      Stocks To Buy Now
      Last edited by Steak; 02-11-2011, 04:06 AM.

Comment

I am slightly favoring Winky in this fight. I think if he uses his jab early and often he can put Hopkins slighlty off balance. Hopkins seems to have been conserving energy in his last couple of fights and fighting at a very measured pace. On the other hand I would not be surprised at all if Hopkins takes the fight because he is excellent against southpaws. He will have the ability to throw the lead right hand counter (his favorite shot) all night. Winky has to be careful not to be lulled to sleep like Tarver.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
          Kinda funny that the some of the same people that dislike Mayweather for being a cautious, defensive, and sometimes boring fighter like Winky even though he's a cautious, defensive, and sometimes boring fighter...
          Wright and Mayweather are not similar at all. Winky is a smarter fighter who takes control and outwits his opponent, while Mayweather just evades his opponent and lands a lot of weak hits to win by points. Winky uses skillful, controlled aggression like Wlad, so he is much more entertaining to watch than Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by JD1986 View Post
            Wright and Mayweather are not similar at all. Winky is a smarter fighter who takes control and outwits his opponent, while Mayweather just evades his opponent and lands a lot of weak hits to win by points. Winky uses skillful, controlled aggression like Wlad, so he is much more entertaining to watch than Mayweather.
            I would have to disagree with that playa..Mayweather is 2X more exciting than Winky..Winky will jab the entire fight if you allow his.Check the Tito fight..Mayweather dances and all but he will still lay out power shots, they are just weak..But BOTH have excellent defense...the best in the game today..

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx View Post
              Because he is resourceful and only throws when he sees an opening..He wont punch himself out trying to break the defense of Winky. Everybody should know that. Hopkins isnt an amateur and is a mastermind at getting fighters to open up for him. It shouldnt be any different against Wright.
              Witing for opening got him beat twice by Taylor..While he was waiting Taylor was landing those jabs...The same is possible against Winky..

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood_htown View Post
                I would have to disagree with that playa..Mayweather is 2X more exciting than Winky..Winky will jab the entire fight if you allow his.Check the Tito fight..Mayweather dances and all but he will still lay out power shots, they are just weak..But BOTH have excellent defense...the best in the game today..
                yeah ok.......

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
                  yeah ok.......
                  If you think otherwise then you must be high....Winky..jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, maybe a left hook, jab jab, smile, bing,,raise his hand as he walks to the corner..yea that's very eciting RAESAAD...

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood_htown View Post
                    If you think otherwise then you must be high....Winky..jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, maybe a left hook, jab jab, smile, bing,,raise his hand as he walks to the corner..yea that's very eciting RAESAAD...
                    It's a matter of opinion......he did fight like that against Tito and it was smart given his power and that it was Winks first fight at MW.....He did not fight like that against Mosley before that and he took the fight too Taylor......also he tried to KO Quartey all night and landed many,many clean shots nearly sweeping that fight.Also if you want to get into it his fight with Soliman was very entertaining with both men throwing more punches than Pretty Boy has thrown since the new decade began.

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
                      It's a matter of opinion......he did fight like that against Tito and it was smart given his power and that it was Winks first fight at MW.....He did not fight like that against Mosley before that and he took the fight too Taylor......also he tried to KO Quartey all night and landed many,many clean shots nearly sweeping that fight.Also if you want to get into it his fight with Soliman was very entertaining with both men throwing more punches than Pretty Boy has thrown since the new decade began.
                      A matter of opinion is correct....I like Winky and his simplistic style..It amazes me he no one can get pass it....

Comment

Working...
                      X