Hatton wants DLH
Collapse
-
Comment
-
Guys, it's De La Hoya who wants Hatton.
He wanted Tszyu, remember, that was going to be the finale fight for both of them. But then Hatton beat Tszyu, they both under-estimated Hatton, hardly even acknowledged him infact. They were actually negotiating during Tszyu's training camp for Hatton!Comment
-
The casinos put up a crazy site fee b/c they make so much money from high rollers and out of towners who spend money at the hotel. The live attendance from the fight is merely a part of the ridiculous amounts of money the casinos will make this weekend, or after any big fight.De La Hoya is the biggest name in boxing and Ricky Hatton is the biggest name in British boxing. I reckon Rick could fill the COM against Witter. Against De La Hoya there would be no problem filling Wembley.
Where in the US could you get an 80,000 spectator gate for a boxing match? The States may be the mecca of boxing but you have a hard time filling your arenas. I mean Floyd vs Oscar filled the MGM grand which holds 17,000, Hatton was pulling in 22,000 per show in the MEN fighting the likes of Vince Phillips, Michael Stewart, Carlos Vilches etc for the WBU trinket. What do you think he could pull in a marquis event against the biggest name in boxing?Comment
-
Plus, I'm sure no one is paying $25,000 to sit ringside for a Hatton fight...The casinos put up a crazy site fee b/c they make so much money from high rollers and out of towners who spend money at the hotel. The live attendance from the fight is merely a part of the ridiculous amounts of money the casinos will make this weekend, or after any big fight.Comment
-
Is this some kind of joke?Hatton would leave on a stretcher.http://www.sportinglife.com/story_ge...al_193820.html
Ricky Hatton is dreaming of a megabucks showdown with Oscar De La Hoya once the 'Golden Boy' is through with Floyd Mayweather Jr on Saturday night.
Both De La Hoya and Mayweather have hinted they could retire after their superfight here at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
But the two men have also been quoted as saying they'd like one more bout, against the undefeated Mancunian light-welterweight king.
Hatton, given the choice, says he'd plump for a meeting with the 'Golden Boy'.
Earlier this year De La Hoya said he'd be happy to move back down to welterweight if Hatton moves up, a prospect that intrigues the British superstar.
He said: "I don't think they have made their minds up yet about retirement. They talk about retiring but the next minute I read on the Internet that they want one more fight and they'd both like it to be against me.
"I think they've seen my fights. They see what I bring to the table as far as the whole package is concerned, in terms of fan base as well. I think the fact they're considering one more fight and they want it to be against me speaks volumes for myself.
"If I had the choice I think I'd like to fight De La Hoya. He's just a massive massive name. He's not just a modern-day legend, looking at all the world titles he's won, he's a legend. He's said he'd come down to welterweight to fight me if I move up."
I think DLH would destroy Hatton within 8 rounds,ur thoughts?Comment
Comment