Ricky Hatton is dreaming of a megabucks showdown with Oscar De La Hoya once the 'Golden Boy' is through with Floyd Mayweather Jr on Saturday night.
Both De La Hoya and Mayweather have hinted they could retire after their superfight here at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
But the two men have also been quoted as saying they'd like one more bout, against the undefeated Mancunian light-welterweight king.
Hatton, given the choice, says he'd plump for a meeting with the 'Golden Boy'.
Earlier this year De La Hoya said he'd be happy to move back down to welterweight if Hatton moves up, a prospect that intrigues the British superstar.
He said: "I don't think they have made their minds up yet about retirement. They talk about retiring but the next minute I read on the Internet that they want one more fight and they'd both like it to be against me.
"I think they've seen my fights. They see what I bring to the table as far as the whole package is concerned, in terms of fan base as well. I think the fact they're considering one more fight and they want it to be against me speaks volumes for myself.
"If I had the choice I think I'd like to fight De La Hoya. He's just a massive massive name. He's not just a modern-day legend, looking at all the world titles he's won, he's a legend. He's said he'd come down to welterweight to fight me if I move up."
I think DLH would destroy Hatton within 8 rounds,ur thoughts?
Comment