Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ibragimov: "Shannon Briggs Has No Heart"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see what's so special about Ibragimov.He's going to get KTFO by Briggs whenever this fight happens IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      here is the video

IS THERE A SINGLE PERSON WHO BELIEVES THIS KO BLOW WAS LEGAL?????

wow, first time i've seen that.... that was BS... what a lame way to win...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        here is the video

IS THERE A SINGLE PERSON WHO BELIEVES THIS KO BLOW WAS LEGAL?????
        Thanks for the Video...

I'll have to watch it from home as I cannot watch streaming video's from work :-(

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
          That was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen.
          that was one of the most ridiculous cheap shots Ive ever seen. it should have been called a foul. plain and simple,,,,that was as obvious as it gets, made peter's behind the head shots look as clean as a bar of soap

Comment

That cheap shot is symbolic of Briggs career: utter garbage that the people are willing to eat up anyway. As a country we are so desperate for a badass american heavyweight that anyone with decent skills and a big punch can be the next "red white and blue" hope.

An eastern european with a similar career that Briggs has had would be viewed with utter contempt by the American public.

I can't promise Ibragimov will KO Briggs (though I think it will happen) but, ability wise, I think they are very close (Ibragimov makes up for his slight disadvantage of power with stamina and workrate) and psychologically, Ibragimov is the stronger fighter IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles View Post
              That cheap shot is symbolic of Briggs career: utter garbage that the people are willing to eat up anyway. As a country we are so desperate for a badass american heavyweight that anyone with decent skills and a big punch can be the next "red white and blue" hope.

An eastern european with a similar career that Briggs has had would be viewed with utter contempt by the American public.

I can't promise Ibragimov will KO Briggs (though I think it will happen) but, ability wise, I think they are very close (Ibragimov makes up for his slight disadvantage of power with stamina and workrate) and psychologically, Ibragimov is the stronger fighter IMO.

He fits a certain stereotype, the only one that most Americans will allow themselves to see a fighter in. But he's terrible; a musclebound joke.

Comment

I can't believe so many of you guys believe Briggs is a lock to ko Sultan. Watch some of Sultan's fights besides the Austin fight and you might change your mind. There is no way Briggs can withstand Sultan's attack and work rate for more then 2 rounds and we all know that as a fact. If Briggs is made to work he is done. The only way he could possibly win is if Sultan does nothing for 12 rounds just like Liahkovich did! Sultan will destroy Briggs in this fight because Briggs is just too damn lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFairPole View Post
                  I can't believe so many of you guys believe Briggs is a lock to ko Sultan. Watch some of Sultan's fights besides the Austin fight and you might change your mind. There is no way Briggs can withstand Sultan's attack and work rate for more then 2 rounds and we all know that as a fact. If Briggs is made to work he is done. The only way he could possibly win is if Sultan does nothing for 12 rounds just like Liahkovich did! Sultan will destroy Briggs in this fight because Briggs is just too damn lazy.
                  strongly agree. too many people have only seen an out of shape sultan in his last fight and none of his other fights including a blow out over the normally durable al cole. briggs is a dangerous 3 round fighter and will get taken apart if he doesnt end things early. sultan will not let briggs off the hook like an overrated serge did. he also wont throw that ****** little right lead to the body that serge so ******ly always throws

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                    strongly agree. too many people have only seen an out of shape sultan in his last fight and none of his other fights including a blow out over the normally durable al cole. briggs is a dangerous 3 round fighter and will get taken apart if he doesnt end things early. sultan will not let briggs off the hook like an overrated serge did. he also wont throw that ****** little right lead to the body that serge so ******ly always throws

...I saw Sultans other fights and I considered him a bigger and stronger version of Jirov kind of. What concerns me is his chin. Whitaker hurt him briefly with a punch that didn't look like much and he was hurt more than once in the Austin fight. I'm not sold on him at all and I'm not sure what his chin is made of. He looked like **** in the Austin fight and did absolutely nothing. The way he fought totaly confused me. It was not what I expected at all. I don't know what to make of this guy any longer and I certainly wouldn't bet any money on him. Not that I think Briggs is much but he does have very good power and I don't know if Sultan can take it.

Comment

Originally posted by pbds View Post
                      ...I saw Sultans other fights and I considered him a bigger and stronger version of Jirov kind of. What concerns me is his chin. Whitaker hurt him briefly with a punch that didn't look like much and he was hurt more than once in the Austin fight. I'm not sold on him at all and I'm not sure what his chin is made of. He looked like **** in the Austin fight and did absolutely nothing. The way he fought totaly confused me. It was not what I expected at all. I don't know what to make of this guy any longer and I certainly wouldn't bet any money on him. Not that I think Briggs is much but he does have very good power and I don't know if Sultan can take it.
                      sultan is vulnerable to a big right hand puncher no doubt but the problem with briggs is a lot of his power is gone after like 3 rounds. sure he knocked out serge late but that was an anomaly for briggs and serge seemed to fall apart more than anything and lets not forget he was also starched by none other than mo harris. if briggs had better stamina I'd pick him to win,,but I dont think he gets sultan out that early. sultan should be able to weather the early storm and take briggs deep. it will be dangerous for him early though. this is all based on the assumption that sultan is in the 220lb range this time. if he does come in at 230lbs plus like he did against austin thatn briggs may indeed take him out

Comment

Working...
                      X