No announcement yet.

Amateur Records

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    I was 57-13 as an amateur with 12 stoppages from 1983 to 1988... I kept my amateur record EXACTLY ...I have every detail... names, places, dates, venues, everything. My best year statistically was 1987 when I went 17-1 (with the lone loss coming in the finals of the 1987 National Golden Gloves Tournament of Champions
    70 fights in 5 years, that seems like a lot of fights, but only 3 rounders.
    What's the most fights that you or anyone else has had in 1 day or week?

Comment

My uncle was like 350-9 and was rated number one in the states for a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Lightweight View Post
        My uncle was like 350-9 and was rated number one in the states for a time.
        Who is your uncle?

Comment

Yea, I wanna' know who the uncle is, too As for me...I had FIVE fights in one week on two occassions (at the national Golden Gloves)...I also fought three times in one night one time and twice in a day another time.

Comment

Who is your uncle?
            Tommy Kimmons...he reffed the 3rd Jones-Tarver fight and Jeff Lacy's recent fight, as well as some other notables.

Comment

yeah whos this uncle thats got more wins then delahoya byrd and every other boxers whos in the running for most amature fights ever

whos this warrior uncle ...and aint you the same kid who said your uncle is a ref too? ... damn you must have a hell of a boxing family !

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Lightweight View Post
                Tommy Kimmons...he reffed the 3rd Jones-Tarver fight and Jeff Lacy's recent fight, as well as some other notables.
                His got a record of 350-9 and he ends up becoming a ref?

You sure it wasn't more like 35-9?

Comment

whos this warrior uncle ...and aint you the same kid who said your uncle is a ref too? ... damn you must have a hell of a boxing family !
                  It's the same guy.

His got a record of 350-9 and he ends up becoming a ref?

You sure it wasn't more like 35-9?
                  Uhh, yes, I'm quite sure. He joined the military and never really did much in the pros, and then started his own business when he got out.

Comment

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=259516

Is that him? He had 1 professional fight and got knocked out.

Comment

350-9? As an amateur..but he wasnt a top rated , national level amateur? I think, from my experience, that sounds VERY unlikely

Comment

Working...
                      X