No announcement yet.

Montiel Lashes out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montiel Lashes out

WBO super flyweight champion Fernando Montiel is furious about the current direction of his career and explains why he hasn't accepted the terms of a fight in December against Z Gorres, the mandatory challenger to his title.
    "I didn't accept the fight because I was offered less than little money," said Montiel from his hometown of Los Mochis, MX. "I was treated as a novice and not like the fighter that has been world champion in two different classes....I was only offered $50,000 for a mandatory fight, against the number one ranked. Supposedly they (Golden Boy Promotions) are my promoters to take care of my interests, and I really think that hasn't happened. It hurts saying this, but it's the truth. Eric Gomez (Golden Boy matchmaker) must put attention on what he says. I'm disappointed about his attitude. It seems that Golden Boy Promotions became my enemy inexplicably."

http://www.*********.com/boxing/bc/yepiz03.htm

hey Super flyweight. Awesome. who cares

Comment

What a moronic statement.

Comment

sorry, I don't enjoy watching tiny fighters that couldn't knock out most of my friends

Comment

Montiel deserves more money.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
            sorry, I don't enjoy watching tiny fighters that couldn't knock out most of my friends
            Bro, don't let their size fool you. You get up to the Bantamweights and you got guys who would probably kill most of your friends. Montiel fought Gonzales at bantam and gave him a good scrap. They are flyweights but professional prize fighters. These litte dudes can really crack compared to your average bloke at any size. Their muscles are trained hard to do only one thing, hit. If you've ever been hit by a professional flyweight before you wouldnt say that for real.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
              Youd be suprised. My dad was friends with an Irish jr welterweight who was a journeyman. He got drunk at a bar and got in a fight with the bouncers. They were about 280-300 pounds. He knocked the first one out with a combo, ducked a punch from the other dude, knocked him out and then the other bouncer started backing away while the dude rann after him and knocked him clean out with one punch.

Comment

Originally posted by PBF34 View Post
                Youd be suprised. My dad was friends with an Irish jr welterweight who was a journeyman. He got drunk at a bar and got in a fight with the bouncers. They were about 280-300 pounds. He knocked the first one out with a combo, ducked a punch from the other dude, knocked him out and then the other bouncer started backing away while the dude rann after him and knocked him clean out with one punch.
                I heard a story like that but with a lightweight named Arturo Gatti. I heard he got into a fight with a huge bouncer and knocked his lights out.

Comment

Jean Claude Van Damme got beat up by a regular guy in the bar.

............errr since we're talking about bar fights.

Comment

Some flyweights have average heights, it is not uncommon to see a flyweight 5'7 and even taller. But even if the Flyweight was 5'2" againts an average joe, it would prolly be like Mike Tyson vs. Vlade Divac. Most joe's don't know what it feels like to really get your bell rung. Montiel and Gorrez are decent sized fly's. This should be an entertaining fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X