No announcement yet.

Record eight medals for GB boxers at European championships

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Close rounds in that. I had Yafai in the first (close), Egerov second and Yafai third.

Yafai needs to stop taking needless counters almost every attack. He's always 1-1, land one, take one. He's good atm,he can be really good in the future.
    Yeah he's very upright, doesn't have the slick upper body movement of Khalid

Good effort from Farrell but i think he just about deserved to lose.

Big future for the lad.

Not a fan of taking a knee when you lose your mouthpiece. Seems like an easy way to get a break if you are struggling
    Yeah no shame in losing to Asenov at this stage in his career. He ran Sattibayev pretty close in the WSB recently too. Definitely got a bright future
    Last edited by NEETzsche; 06-24-2017, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      Yeah he's very upright, doesn't have the slick upper body movement of Khalid
      Something that he can sort with time though. Offensively he can be really impressive. Coaches should be looking at how he finishes combos/attacks, should always be expecting something coming back so finish on jab, use headmovement, take an angle out etc

Comment

Wasn't super impressed with this Ukrainian in the semis. Hopefully there's no homecooking here

Comment

Round one for McGrail for me, though Butsenko had some success. Sounds weird but with McGrail's skillset I think he actually needs to be more negative. He holds his feet a bit much at times. Could do with studying La Cruz

Ref randomly took a point from McGrail in round two. I think McGrail is clearly the better boxer here but it's close enough for them to rob him

Dominant round three for McGrail. Finally starting to really snap Butsenko's head back. 3-0 McGrail for me, let's see what the judges say

And McGrail gets the win. A split decision is a bit of a disservice to him but at least the right man gets gold
          Last edited by NEETzsche; 06-24-2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Beautiful boxing from Mcgrail. Think he won all the rounds, with that random point deduction from the ref

Comment

The current Ukrainian team is solid but they really lack flair compared to the days of Lomachenko Sr being head coach. The one who lost to Asenov yesterday and the big Klitschko-ish super heavy are the two that have stood out to me

Nice brawl here between Mamedov and Shestak

And of course the Ukrainian gets the decision
              Last edited by NEETzsche; 06-24-2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

This will be a tough one for Luke, I think. He can't let Bachkov get too close

Very nice boxing from Luke in round one. Managed the range well, blocked a lot of shots and picked Bachkov off as he was coming forward

Bachkov was getting a lot closer in round two but I still feel that McCormack landed more clean shots over the course of the three minutes. Bachkov was gaining momentum towards the end though

Round three was a bit of a war. Luke landed his fair share but Bachkov has to get credit for forcing the fight to take place on his terms. Close fight

Bachkov gets the decision. I slightly favoured Luke but can't really complain
                Last edited by NEETzsche; 06-24-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Pat will now face a similar challenge to his brother, except his opponent is even higher intensity but possibly less technically sound

Baraou is a punching machine but I think the quality has come from McCormack in the first two rounds. However, he looks like his tank is nearly empty so round three could be difficult

As expected, Pat had trouble keeping Baraou off him in round three. Again, I slightly favour McCormack to win the bout 2-1 but could see it going the other way

Baraou gets the split decision. McCormack couldn't make enough space for himself and his engine let him down in the end
                  Last edited by NEETzsche; 06-24-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Two good fights for the McCormacks

Very impressed with their opponents, great to see more of that style in the Ams these days. Will do the brothers no harm at all fighting these types.

The German fella would make an excellent pro.

Not going brilliantly for GB today, but nobody getting outclassed. Close fights and close rounds that they are just coming out worse on

Comment

Very impressed with their opponents, great to see more of that style in the Ams these days. Will do the brothers no harm at all fighting these types.
                      Yeah amateur boxing is certainly more entertaining these days

Not going brilliantly for GB today, but nobody getting outclassed. Close fights and close rounds that they are just coming out worse on
                      Yeah, I'm seeing a lot to like from the British lads, but no one is quite distinguishing themselves from the competition. Probably no "generational" type of talents in there

Comment

Working...
                      X