Record eight medals for GB boxers at European championships

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Oop no worries didnt see this. Yep agree with all this

Also agree with your Clarke assesment. Very much in the Joyce mold. Bit snappier with his shots but maybe more open.
    Yeah he also doesn't have the ramrod jab that Joyce does

Regarding Frazer Clarke, I've been a bit underwhelmed by him this year. He was lucky to get the decision today and was lucky to get the nod over Vianello in the WSB a few months ago too. He's neither a great boxer nor a great brawler. I support him because he's a good lad but in the ring he's basically what Tyson Fury would classify as a "big stiff idiot", getting by mostly on sheer physicality

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      Yeah he also doesn't have the ramrod jab that Joyce does

Regarding Frazer Clarke, I've been a bit underwhelmed by him this year. He was lucky to get the decision today and was lucky to get the nod over Vianello in the WSB a few months ago too. He's neither a great boxer nor a great brawler. I support him because he's a good lad but in the ring he's basically what Tyson Fury would classify as a "big stiff idiot", getting by mostly on sheer physicality
      Someone on another forum said he is carrying injuries?

Dunno but I agree if thats how he has looked this year. The first time i saw him in WSB i thought he looked crude but talented. I remember his jab being really crisp and hurtful looking. Today his jab was non existent really, although you have to give credit to the Frencher for making himself difficult to time.

Comment

Finals today starting at 2pm:

Final Men's Light Fly (46-49kg) RED EGOROV Vasilii RUS vs BLUE YAFAI Galal ENG
        Final Men's Fly (52kg) RED FARRELL Niall Dean ENG vs BLUE ASENOV Daniel Panev BUL
        Final Men's Bantam (56kg) RED McGRAIL Peter ENG vs BLUE BUTSENKO Mykola UKR
        Final Men's Light (60kg) RED SHESTAK Iurii UKR vs BLUE MAMEDOV Gabil RUS
        Final Men's Light Welter (64kg) RED McCORMACK Luke ENG vs BLUE BACHKOV Hovhannes ARM
        Final Men's Welter (69kg) RED McCORMACK Pat ENG vs BLUE BARAOU Abass GER
        Final Men's Middle (75kg) RED KHYZHNIAK Oleksandr UKR vs BLUE SHAKHSUVARLY Kamran AZE
        Final Men's Light Heavy (81kg) RED WARD Joseph IRL vs BLUE GADZHIMAGOMEDOV Muslim RUS
        Final Men's Heavy (91kg) RED TISHCHENKO Evgeny RUS vs BLUE CLARKE Cheavan ENG
        Final Men's Super Heavy (+91kg) RED CLARKE Frazer Edward ENG vs BLUE VYKHRYST Viktor UKR

Almost every fight has some UK/Ireland interest

Comment

Quite hopeful for Yafai, McGrail and Big Fraze. Pat and Farrell, although two of the best on the squad, have tough opponents, so they could go either way. Luke and Cheavan I make underdogs

Ward vs Gadzhimagomedov should be a good one too
          Last edited by NEETzsche; 06-24-2017, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Starting now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/boxing/40305187

Comment

Great round, lots of punches landed for both men. I think Egorov's hard bodywork swung it his way

Round two is hard for me to call. Yafai did the more consistent work with his jab and straight left but Egorov's occasional hooks seemed harder. Yafai might have edged it

Yafai's pressure paid off in round three as Egorov gassed pretty badly. Egorov made a mistake abandoning his bodywork after round one. Clear Yafai round

Egorov wins the split decision. Good fight and unlucky for Yafai. He does need to defend himself better though
              Last edited by NEETzsche; 06-24-2017, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Close rounds in that. I had Yafai in the first (close), Egerov second and Yafai third.

Yafai needs to stop taking needless counters almost every attack. He's always 1-1, land one, take one. He's good atm,he can be really good in the future.

Comment

Farrell has some success with his left hand but Asenov gets inside his reach a few times and lands power shots. Asenov round

Intelligent pressure from Asenov and he counters Farrell over the top repeatedly. Farrell struggling to land more than a jab. 2-0 Asenov. Very tidy fighter

Better round three for Farrell. Much busier and Asenov didn't land as much clean work apart from a late right hand

Deserved victory for Asenov but I see a lot of upside in Niall Farrell
                  Last edited by NEETzsche; 06-24-2017, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Up coming prospect Gideon antwi 'GidzTheBoxer'

Comment

Good effort from Farrell but i think he just about deserved to lose.

Big future for the lad.

Not a fan of taking a knee when you lose your mouthpiece. Seems like an easy way to get a break if you are struggling

Comment

Working...
                      X