No announcement yet.

Record eight medals for GB boxers at European championships

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    Mamedov gets the win over Ishchenko in a toe-to-toe battle. I have to say I thought Ishchenko showed the more class

Pat McCormack vs the Ukrainian Barabanov now
    Got my Nelson Mandela in time. Tuning into this fight now.

Comment

This German pressure fighter is beating the absolute **** of his Moldavian opponent. McCormack has his hands full in the final

Comment

The Italian boxer is crying in the corner after round one, wtf?

Got an injured knee by the looks of it
        Last edited by NEETzsche; 06-23-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Frazer Clarke vs the French fighter who eliminated Majidov now

Aboudou-Moindze badly staggered at the end of round one

Clarke is somewhat lucky to get a split decision in the end. I thought the Frenchman probably took rounds two and three. His ambush style made Clarke look quite lumbering
          Last edited by NEETzsche; 06-23-2017, 12:36 PM.

Comment

The Russian Andy Ruiz here

Comment

Vykhryst gets the decision over the tricky Russian. He'll be taking a nasty cut above the eye into his final against Clarke

Comment

Frazer Clarke vs the French fighter who eliminated Majidov now

Aboudou-Moindze badly staggered at the end of round one

Clarke is somewhat lucky to get a split decision in the end. I thought the Frenchman probably took rounds two and three. His ambush style made Clarke look quite lumbering
                I had the Frenchman winning to. Thought he looked pretty good while big Fraze looked clumsy. Shook the Frenchman up in rnd 1 but was it enough to take the round with Am scoring? Im not sure.

Whats ya thoughts on Mcgrail? Just catching up with a few from earlier session and was well impressed with this kid. Very classy boxer
                Last edited by Tom Cruise; 06-23-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Beautiful feet from the Scouse Sweet Pea in round one. Really enjoy watching McGrail. It's not a style you see that much in British boxing. He occasionally overdoes it and gets tagged unnecessarily, but when he's on his game he's really slick

Pretty much schooled the Spaniard apart from one or two lapses in concentration. He's a handful for anyone unless they're significantly quicker than him like Ramirez and Stevenson

Two guaranteed silvers for England
                  Oop no worries didnt see this. Yep agree with all this

Also agree with your Clarke assesment. Very much in the Joyce mold. Bit snappier with his shots but maybe more open.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    Whats ya thoughts on Mcgrail? Just catching up with a few from earlier session and was well impressed with this kid. Very classy boxer
                    I love his style but I've seen him take a few losses where he was just outclassed athletically, and he also seems to lose concentration at times in fights and when that happens he gets hit fully clean, taking nothing off the shot. But he's only 21 so he still has a lot of time to improve. One of my favourites on the squad regardless and definitely an improvement on Ashfaq

Comment

I love his style but I've seen him take a few losses where he was just outclassed athletically, and he also seems to lose concentration at times in fights and when that happens he gets hit fully clean, taking nothing off the shot. But he's only 21 so he still has a lot of time to improve. One of my favourites on the squad regardless and definitely an improvement on Ashfaq
                      Interesting. He definitely got caught a few times but other times looked like he had a great radar and was defending himself brilliantly. I guess its one of those styles thats difficult to pull off as you need to be constantly switched on.

Am definitely a fan. The use of angles was really nice to see from a Brit. Interested to see him develop

Comment

Working...
                      X