Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali Responds To Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    "Ali is a bum compared.......". Compared to who, Zeus, Superman?

Floyd did well for himself at Heavyweight but lets not go overboard. Ali knocked Floyd tfo. He was just too small, he could box well though.
    Ironically Superman is Ali's best win they fought in Dc comics in the 70's and Ali won because Superman gave up his powers and fought him in a boxing match...however everyone knows superman has no real fighting skills without his powers so ,Elroy still has a point.
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-22-2015, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      "Ali is a bum compared.......". Compared to who, Zeus, Superman?

Floyd did well for himself at Heavyweight but lets not go overboard. Ali knocked Floyd tfo. He was just too small, he could box well though.
      What're you supposed to be Rockin', some sort of boxing Eddie Murphy?

Comment

Anyone who thinks Ali was a bum or wouldn't compare to the heavyweights now days is either a troll or smokin' hella crack. Ali was the GREATEST in the GREATEST era for heavyweights. Today is the WORST era of heavyweights in the history of boxing, the only reason the Klitschko's look good is because all the opposition is ****. Ali wouldn't stand in front of them the whole fight, it would be Ali-Foreman all over again except he wouldn't have to rope-a-dope. The Klitschko's would lose by tko because they fell over their own feet trying to catch Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
          Anyone who thinks Ali was a bum or wouldn't compare to the heavyweights now days is either a troll or smokin' hella crack. Ali was the GREATEST in the GREATEST era for heavyweights. Today is the WORST era of heavyweights in the history of boxing, the only reason the Klitschko's look good is because all the opposition is ****. Ali wouldn't stand in front of them the whole fight, it would be Ali-Foreman all over again except he wouldn't have to rope-a-dope. The Klitschko's would lose by tko because they fell over their own feet trying to catch Ali.
          Foreman is /was about as smart as a box of rocks..comparing bigger stronger and SMARTER fighters to him like Klitchkos is borderline demencia!Ali would have no choice to stand in front of either,they actually had footwork and reach and speed more important they had brains unlike the stiff zombies that ali outsized..i wouldn't call Ali a bum however he fought many..

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Foreman is /was about as smart as a box of rocks..comparing bigger stronger and SMARTER fighters to him like Klitchkos is borderline demencia!Ali would have no choice to stand in front of either,they actually had footwork and reach and speed more important they had brains unlike the stiff zombies that ali outsized..i wouldn't call Ali a bum however he fought many..
            Jerry Quarry, Ken Norton, Joe Frazier, George Chuvalo, Ron Lyle, Sonny Liston, Henry Cooper. These are all Bums?

Comment

Jerry Quarry, Ken Norton, Joe Frazier, George Chuvalo, Ron Lyle, Sonny Liston, Henry Cooper. These are all Bums?
              Henry Cooper had to put weights in his shorts just to be 185 ,he would certainly be considered a bum in modern boxing if he compted at HW ,thats the same SLOW cooper who dropped Ali,however i was referring to his 60's opponents ...Chuvalo,Frazier ,Liston,Lyle,Quarry would all fail to be considered champion material,in reality Foreman would be the only one with a punchers chance and that would be the one who fought Holyfield. in 1991....the rest are simply undersized plodding brawlers like 190 Quarry.Norton was decent but his chin would never hold up to any power puncher.

Comment

Henry Cooper had to put weights in his shorts just to be 185 ,he would certainly be considered a bum in modern boxing if he compted at HW ,thats the same SLOW cooper who dropped Ali,however i was referring to his 60's opponents ...Chuvalo,Frazier ,Liston,Lyle,Quarry would all fail to be considered champion material,in reality Foreman would be the only one with a punchers chance and that would be the one who fought Holyfield. in 1991....the rest are simply undersized plodding brawlers like 190 Quarry.Norton was decent but his chin would never hold up to any power puncher.
                You just said Foreman was a bum. Now he has a chance against modern heavyweights? Which one is it? The only reason modern heavyweights look so good is because the competition is **** compared to previous decades. If an old foreman can go the distance with Holyfield I'm pretty sure the young foreman would have destroyed him.

Comment

You just said Foreman was a bum. Now he has a chance against modern heavyweights? Which one is it? The only reason modern heavyweights look so good is because the competition is **** compared to previous decades. If an old foreman can go the distance with Holyfield I'm pretty sure the young foreman would have destroyed him.
                  Can you point out where i state Foreman is a bum?

"Foreman in his 40's would give Ali a better fight than in his 20's,he became a thinker and picked his shots,he also was more relaxed which gave him stamina.He slowed a bit but shortened up his punches which were better timed so speed wasnt a factor" Angelo Dundee

Young Foreman equals less chin /power and stamina ,coupld with sloppy technique and no defense,he wouldn't last 3 rounds with Holyfield,had the bell not rang he was on his way out in round 4 vs Ron Lyle!
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-23-2015, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Can you point out where i state Foreman is a bum?

"Foreman in his 40's would give Ali a better fight than in his 20's,he became a thinker and picked his shots,he also was more relaxed which gave him stamina.He slowed a bit but shortened up his punches which were better timed so speed wasnt a factor" Angelo Dundee

Young Foreman equals less chin /power and stamina ,coupld with sloppy technique and no defense,he wouldn't last 3 rounds with Holyfield,had the bell not rang he was on his way out in round 4 vs Ron Lyle!
                    You said he is/was as smart as a box of rock that equates to a bum if not worse. Show me where Angelo Dundee actually said that? When has Foreman ever been knocked out apart from Ali which was due to exhaustion and had nothing to do with chin?

Comment

Ali was a bum..

Who fought almost exclusively other bums AND cruisers..

And STILL needed to be carried through his career..

And STILL got smashed from pillar to post.

Wladimir..

Is not ALLOWED to face either bums OR cruisers..

Fights in the deepest and hardest hitting era to date..

And dominates most of his opponents, knocking most of them out without barely even getting hit back..

Opponents who IN TURN would have utterly dominated Ali and all of his opponents...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Calvin Brock over ALL 60's and 70's bums!

^Fact!

The difference between your story and mine is that you can pull up YouTube and BoxRec and SEE immediately that I'm correct and disprove your statement entirely..

Yesterday's heroes, would be todays tomato cans.

That is ALSO a fact!

Comment

Working...
                      X